CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

School Campout

CCS has a wonderful tradition of an all school Campout at the end of each school year. Although I think that they need to have it at the beginning of the year, it is still a fun trip and one that my daughter and I won't soon forget!

The plan is to arrive at Field Springs at about 1:00 and that is exactly what we did. The kids hit the ground running, once they had received proper instruction. They built forts, hiked, ran, chased, did everything you can possible imagine before it started to snow and they headed inside for craft time. One of the moms in Brooklyn's class was in charge of crafts and she did a wonderful job. There was everything from Kool Aid play dough, to coloring, to rock painting, games, or making beaded key chains. As soon as the weather cleared again, those that wanted to go back outside did while others stayed in and crafted.

I have been on alot of campouts, but this one was one of the most organized I have been to. Kindergarten - 3rd grade were at this particular campsite, 42 kids total and everything went off without a hitch. I thought that the parents would have to spend most of the time working and preparing food, etc., but instead we sat around and visited. It was so relaxing. Even the parents that were in charge of the kitchen were relaxed. It was a total team effort and I loved seeing and being a part of this very organized event.

Most everyone stayed the night, but since we were leaving for Nampa the following day, I just decided to stay for the day and head home around bedtime. It worked out wonderful and to be truthful, I loved getting to be home and in my own bed.:) After dinner they had a Praise & Worship time, followed by s'mores and a slideshow with pictures of all the kids and the happenings from the day, it was so cute! Then it was time for pj's and we slipped out the door. I thought that perhaps there would be a little bit of tears, but Brooklyn was so excited and tired all at the same time that she literally talked my leg off until she went to sleep. Upon arriving home, we jumped into the tub and then let the kids 'campout' on our floor in our bedroom. They thought this was so wonderful. It was the end to a perfect day. Can't wait until next year.


We've arrived and it's time for some instructions.


Helping out in the kitchen.


Me & my little camper.


Brooklyn & Ashley playing together with the playdough.


Brooklyn at the coloring table.


My dear friend & Brooklyn's teacher, Wendy.



Wendy, me, & Marnie.






Going on a hike.


The kids singing along during Praise & Worship.

3 comments:

The Dickinsons

Valerie, I enjoyed reading this post! This looks like y'all had a blast! =)

Thank you for your birthday wishes to Elijah. Poor little boy, he is VERY SICK with the flu...on his first birthday. =(

Sharleen

I am glad Brooklyn had fun this year, I felt bad last year when she was sick during campout. Ash had a great time!! It will be fun next year when Mya will get to go too. Maybe next year there will be more sunshine and less snow.

Wendy

You're right...it is a WONDERFUL tradition! I'm so glad that you made it this year! (Even though you didn't quite rough it.) Still, it was another memory to be thankful for with our great school and precious friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...