Monday, June 27, 2011 is a day I will never forget as long as I live. And although I would love to document it word for word, play by play, I find that even just thinking about it makes me short of breath, makes my heart pound hard, and leaves me feeling quite emotional. So for now I am going to say this...
Brooklyn was extremely sick and after thorough examinations and a spinal tap she was hospitialized with meningitis. Dr. Papiez did an amazing job diagnosing and treating her, but we are confidant that The Great Physician was at work in her little life and is truly the reason that she is with us today.
We are forever changed...life is more precious than ever. In the blink of an eye, it can go from peaceful & wonderful, to upside down and so unpredictable. I am finding that we hug tighter, listen more intently, truly cherish every second that we are together, try harder to find the good in each & every situation, and...we LIVE!
In so much pain!
Nana taking good care of my little girl!
More morphine
Some Family Visiting the sick.♥
Nothing makes you feel better than a stuffed animal from Nana!
Brooklyn was in the hospital on her actual birthday, so they brought her a little treat to celebrate...we were just happy to see her bright smile return!
Reflecting...Life is indeed precious!
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Wow Valerie - our summers are so busy - somehow I missed this story! So scary! So glad she is ok now!
Post a Comment