CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Life Today...Where Fantasy Embraces Reality!

It's overwhelming! Pouring over blogs & sites where everyone seems to have everything altogether, are crafty, have beautiful, immaculate homes, not to mention that they themselves all appear to be models, have personal hairdressers and stylists...and then there is me. Hello, small town Idaho, where it's 8:49 a.m., the kids are off to school, the laundry is going, dinner is not started, the house looks like a war zone, mommy is still in her pj's, and crafts, what are those?

I have to say, something has got to change. I need some serious inspitation, some divine intervention, something magical to pop out and say, "Hello, New World" wave a wand and instantly everything is blogsphere perfecto! "Take our picture, we have it all together here on Bramble Lane!"

Reality tells me it isn't going to happen, fantasy tells me that I wish it would, and yet, here I am debating whether to sit here and wait to see what happens or get off my bum and MAKE something happen! And inside my heart of hearts the desire to have a little of both is strongly tugging on my heart strings. Let's be honest girlfriends, who can honestly say that they don't wish for a little fantasy/reality melding to happen in their own lives?

I believe that I am in a funk...I have more lists and projects that knowing where to begin is like trying to figure out how time has always been. Perhaps it isn't a funk...perhaps it is the unrealisticness (is that a word, well today it is) that gets placed upon our shoulders by the scenes we see play out across our computer screens of what appears to be the "perfect life." Realizing that the ones taking the pictures are using photo shop to remove unwanted piles from pics, are being paid to look perfect, and 90% of the time look and live just the rest of us is completely impossible because the one thing that seperates us from 'seeing' the real them is cyberspace!

Good! So happy that I was able to get that straight! Now I can move forward with a sense of pride. I'll get dinner in the crockpot, change the load of laundry, clean the bathroom, tidy up the remainder of the house, and then go put my hair in a ponytail...I can dream of crafts tonight when it is 10:30 p.m. and everything is finally in its place and all is quiet. Yep, that's the reality...fantasy isn't all it's cracked up to be!



Reflecting...Reality helps me see the fantasy that I get to call life everyday and I love it!


1 comments:

Mindy

I think you have it completely together and you are able to balance LIFE, being a mom, cook, housewife, maid, laundry service, teacher, playmate, wife and SO MUCH MORE!!! You do an amazing job and I admire you greatly for it! I strive to be like you! :) And you are right...fantasy isn't all that it is cracked up to be. I wonder how many of those individuals are truly filled with JOY!!! LOVE YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...