We have sickness here in our home. Brittan has been sick with some sort of crud since Saturday and he hasn't been able to shake it. The last 3 nights have been sleepless for me and him, and though I am tired I have not once wished a single minutes away. I still wouldn't trade being a mommy for all the sleep in the world. Now don't get me wrong here, I am in no way saying that I want my children to be sick, but when they are...I love how they long to be held, how very sweet and snuggley they are, and even though they don't feel well they still use manners, and tell you they love you over and over again. It is sweetness to me. I hold and softly squeeze, rub and kiss, and hold and softly squeeze some more. I love this time of closeness, I cherish it! Soon they are well, I thank the Lord for this, but then it is back to running and playing and the snuggles are fewer and farther between.
So today, as I am in somewhat of a sleepless daze and haven't accomplished much, I hold and softly squeeze. I do this knowing that it is only a fleeting moment in time that will soon pass and I wouldn't want to miss hearing, "Mommy, your my bestest gill" for any nap that would provide rest for my tired body. Those words alone keep me going for hours. Everything else will still be there tomorrow, but for now I have a little boy that needs held and kissed...rest will come soon enough! If you call and I don't answer just know this "bestest gill" is holding her bestest little boy!





3 comments:
Oh, Valerie. You will not wake-up one day (years from now) and wonder where the time went, for you are in the moment as you parent and it is one of the qualities that I love about you! Be well Brittan!
With tears in my eyes I think...there is nothing quite like the place in one's heart that is filled by a son.
I could not agree with you more. We too have been sick and have been doing extra snuggle time. I LOVE every minute of it!!! I hope Brittan feels better soon.
Miss you so very much!
Love ya,
Shauna
Hope little Brittan feels better, I do love how nothing makes them feel better than mommy at this age....so sweet!
Post a Comment