CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What Do I Know?

First let me explain why I chose these pictures to go with this post. I have been really working on losing some weight. Along with some eating habit changes, I have been busting my tail exercising. My children think that this is great fun and love to join in. When asked by my kids why I was doing my exercises I told them that "I didn't want to be fat". This sparked their interest as to what fat is and then they come out to show me what they would look like.:):)

Although I am a whole lot older than my two children, I realize that my age does not necessarily make me any smarter. In fact, just the opposite is true. I am finding that all that I don't know, my children will school me on. Here are two instances in which I was 'schooled' by my little ones just this week and I had to share them.

Brooklyn was given an assignment for show and tell that required her to find several different objects around the house that were different shapes. Together we wrapped up a little box in yellow wrapping paper, covered it with several different cut out shapes and inside she placed her treasures. Finding things that were the shape of a triangle was a little more difficult than just a circle or a square. I was so excited when she found a crayola crayon that had several little crayons attached to it. It looks like 6 little triangles attached to one main holder. As I was talking to her about it I said, "and just think Brooklyn, you have an extra shape to share with the class. This is the shape of an octagon with all the little triangle colors attached to it." She ever so nicely, but with such confidence said, "Mom that is a hexagon, it has six sides." Did I ever feel stupid?!? I didn't know that she knew that, but have to say right here, "Go, 'Techur'. Keep up the good work!" I was unaware that they learn Geometry in Kindergarten.


Brooklyn showing me what she "looks like fat."

Then there is Brittan and all his wisdom...
Brooklyn's verse for this week is, "You shall have no other God's before me." We were working on it this afternoon and Brittan was right there trying to let me know that he knew it as well. After saying it over and over several times, I asked the kids if they knew what that meant. I was trying to get in a little Bible lesson.:) They both said that they didn't and that they would like for me to tell them what it meant. So, I started going on about how God must be first in our lives before all things. Before loving mom and dad, before loving food, toys, etc. I explained that God made all things and He wants us to be thankful and to praise Him for all these blessings and we do that by placing Him first in our lives. Brittan promptly responded with great enthusiasm, "Well, God made all things, but He didn't make toys...Santa did!"


And Brittan's 'fat' impression.:)

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Sharleen

Oh my goodness!!! Those fat pics of the kids are hilarious!! When my girls ask why I am exercising I always explain how when you're a kid you are growing and need lots of food to help you grow, but when your old like mommy then your done growing, so if you eat too much then you just get too big. Ugggg and mommy eats way too much chocolate...so time to exercise again. Oh to be a kid again!

We miss you guys, we must get together soon....I haven't seen you for so long that the next time I see you I probably won't recognize you with all the weight your losing. ;)

Wendy

Hi-larious pics. of your kiddos. I love how you say it like it is! :)

BTW...you busted me and Gabby going to Real Deals !!!!

Mindy

Valerie, this post is hilarious! I love your kids so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...