
I'm a planner. I'm the type of person who has my calendar out on the counter at all times and I check it several times a week. In fact, I recently purchasd a 'family calendar' to hang in my laundry room once it is finished...I thought that it would be nice for the rest of the family to 'see' what is on the agenda for the week or month. I love to look back through past months a see what it was that we were doing at certian times. I love to plan! But while pondering on that a while back I realized that life brings about many things that we could never plan, some good, some bad, some wonderful, and some to perhaps teach us lessons about life that we couldn't learn on our own. And although we think that we have a plan, God has a much bigger and better plan. I also thought about how some of the most fun and memorable times in life have been those spontaneous moments that we have shared as a family or with friends. Those late night phone calls that say, 'hey wanna meet me for coffee?'...'you doing anything for lunch today?'...or when Brook decides at 10:30 p.m. that he wants ice cream and so we all rush out the door to go with him. These times weren't 'on the calendar', but I so love them! So while I say that I plan, I also have to say in that same breath that I like the spur of the moment as well.
We have recently experienced some surprised spontanity, a plan from God that wasn't really on our radar screen. It was talked about, but never set in stone and it wasn't 'put on the calendar.':) I laugh at that last phrase, and when you re-read it you perhaps will too. I don't mean it to sound like that, but wasn't sure how else to say it...we are expecting out 3rd little one! Ok, deep breath here...you just read that correctly, I am pregnant!!! Wow! just reading that over again even looks a little funny to me.;) We are due around June 20th and truly, even though it wasn't 'on the calendar' so to speak, we are thrilled!
The timing of it all couldn't be more divinely planned. We will be able to have the baby in Nampa, like always. Not that I would have done it any differently, but with Brooklyn being out of school for the summer, well it couldn't be more perfect! And by Brooklyn's school have a week break about every 6 weeks or so, she will only miss 2 or so days for our monthly appointments, again another divine plan. I have been sick with this little one, as is my normal pattern, but wow! I am beginning to wonder if I will ever be able eat normally again or go places without gaging at the different smells. This part can't go by fast enough.:):) Other than that little hitch, everything is wonderful!
So in this case...planning isn't everything...God's surprises are the BEST!





2 comments:
God's surpirses ARE the best and we just couldn't be more thrilled for the way He has chosen to bless you. We pray His goodness and grace over you, your family and this little one. Let He who began a good work in you be faithful to complete it! Love you friend...W.
Ok...I just about fell off my chair....what a wonderful surprise!!! Congrats! We will be praying that you feel better soon!
Post a Comment