November & December found this mommy incredibly sick. Most days were spent with my head hanging over the side of the toilet, which got cleaned almost every single day...who wants to throw-up in an un-sanitary toilet? At that point, it was the cleanest, or maybe I should say, the only clean part of my house.:) Indeed, there were times that I felt so overwhelmed with my house and wondered how I would ever make it through what seemed to be the LONGEST time of morning/all day sickness ever.:) My children had begun to wonder if there was something really wrong with mommy and in fact it started to affect Brittan so much that he started thinking that he was sick to his tummy each day as well.:)
At Thanksgiving, we could no longer keep it from them and Brook was the one appointed to share the news with them. The memory of their faces is one that I will never forget! Brook asked them if they were having a fun "Turkey Day?" They both said, 'yes' but couldn't understand why he would even ask. He then proceeded to tell them that, "mommy has a little turkey in her tummy as well." This, they did not understand at all. At this point I told him to clarify and when he told them that we were going to have a baby I thought that Brittan would BURST from the excitement! Brooklyn, in her very calm way asked if this was really true and if that meant that she was going to be a "big sister?" and then the biggest smile formed on her face and stayed for quite sometime. Brittan on the other hand, bounced right over to me, started dancing all around, and then wanted to know if he could "kiss the baby in my tummy?" This started what is now an everyday, several times a day habit! All day long, every couple of minutes on Thanksgiving Day he would come up, gently pat my stomach, tell the baby that he loved it, and kiss my stomach. Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined that he would be so EXCITED about a baby, but he is!
We spent the holiday, like every year, with my family. So we got to share our exciting news at the dinner table when we went around the table saying what we were thankful for. I do have to add right here, that Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same if we weren't able to be with my family. The traditions that we share, the beautiful & delicious dinner that we all prepare together, sharing about the different things that have come & goen throughout the year and why we are so thankful for them, and the time that we spend together is what Thanksgiving day is all about to both Brook & I. We LOVE our tradition of being there with them and don't forsee it changing anytime soon, if ever.:)We had/have so much to be thankful for and expressed all the many things, but most of all we wanted this little one to know one day that we are indeed thankful that God saw fit to bless us with it! What a special year indeed!

My kids LOVE to watch the turkey prep & then when it is cut.☺

The 'things' that I am most thankful for aren't things!

It is always so much more fun to eat at a beautiful table.:)

Kids table

Nana's Little Indians

My kiddos LOVE the wish bone.

The end to a perfect meal...Dad offered his help to wash up the dishes with me. ☺





1 comments:
So much to be thankful for! Happy for you all as you await this special blessing...can't wait to see your little turkey grow!
Post a Comment