CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

100th Day of School





Today was the 100th Day of school for Brooklyn. I really can't believe how fast it has gone, it seems only last month they were just starting. In celebration of the 100th Day, each student was to bring a hundred items that were different, each being broken down into groups of 10's. Brooklyn took - pretzels, bubble gum, chocolate chips, tea bags, pasta noodles, balloons, vitamins, pennies, nuts, & sitckers. At school they had to show the class what they had collected and then choose one item to share with everyone. Brooklyn chose bubble gum, of course! For most of the day they focused on how much 100 is. They each made a 100 cereal necklace, had to color 100 balloons, tell what they would buy if they had $100.00 (Brooklyn said that she would buy a red purse??), etc. I thought it was a very creative idea of her teacher to celebrate this day and decided to post a picture of Brooklyn on her first day of school and on her 100th Day. Well, I have a 100 different things that I need to be doing so...hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon.

4 comments:

LaRona

What a great idea! I have a 100 different things to pick up that Busy Betty has strewn all over the house.... =)

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere

She didn't think her kindergarten class-mates would be impressed with her passing out tea bags, huh? LOL!

Sounds like a fun day, and a creative teacher.

(Loved the "Ladies Room" funny you sent, too. What a hoot!)

Anonymous

Very neat idea! Wish I had a piece of that gum right now! She sure is a cute little girl. And just go ahead ..... she NEEDS that red purse! =)
I really enjoyed the "Ladies Room " e-mail also. I needed the laugh. Thanks!!

Lenita

I will second and third the other ladies comments...What a great idea! I would say that if my Brianna was choosing 100 things...bubblegum would be her choice to share also!! Kids are great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...