CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Work In Progress!


Preparing to remove the wall

And it's outta here

The Demolition Crew

They loved "working" on this

Getting ready to build the pantry

The new pantry to be

Ready to cut the hole for the new door

The new place for the bedroom door

The two doors that are now leading out of our bedroom, only one will remain.

Several of you have asked how the remodel project is coming and so I thought that I would share a few of the photos. We are nowhere near done, but we are progressing. I told someone yesterday that, "come Christmas I think that everything should be done." I was only joking, but have to admit that there are days that I think that it is going to take that long. I married a perfectionist, and I am truly grateful because it will be done right, but it does cause delays. We were actually moving along with great speed up until the wiring and lighting part of the kitchen, and then...a brick wall seems to have appeared out of nowhere, stopping all progress. In reality, he has gotten alot done with the wiring, but when you "look" at it, you don't "see" anything, so therefore, you feel as if nothing is getting done.

For those of you who don't know or have never been to our home before, let me explain. While I am ever grateful for what God has provided and have enjoyed where we have lived for the past 10 years, you can attest to the fact that we are in need of some updating. With hunter green carpet, matching kitchen flooring, and coordinating counter tops, can anyone say "hello 90's?" I have been patient, but the fact that this carpet, after 10 years of wear, still looks like it is brand new, convincing my husband that it was way past time for a change was difficult. He would look at it and tell me how well it was wearing, that it still had years of life left. I am convinced that you could burn this carpet and it would still look new! I have begun to hate it, but also learned to live with it because I could see that I was getting nowhere with all my suggestions of updating. Well, when he finally saw that I was in need of more storage room, the kids in need of a toy room, and him in need of his own office, the ball began to roll. And while we haven't started with the carpet and paint, we are heading in the right direction and I do believe that I am going to be pleased with the end result. So here are a few pictures of our work in progress. I hope that I can update weekly, meaning that we are making some serious progress! Enjoy...

5 comments:

Rochenda Crane

WOW!!! It is looking awesome!!! I love what you are doing and the space is going to be used so well!!

Talk about lucky kids...they get a new play room at your house, at Nana's house and even Allen & LaRona have a great big new room and area to play. They are going to feel like they are coming to a fort when they come to my house...no real place to play. Oh well, kids can have fun where ever they're at and I've never known your kids to be picky!

I am so excited for you...keep us updated on the progress...it is so fun to see!

LaRona

Thanks for posting pictures so we can see your work in progress!

Anonymous

Looks like a whole lot of work! Thanks for the pictures. Keep it up!

Dori Overman

Oh boy can I empathize!!! My hubby is a perfectionist too and some projects just seem to take forever...Imagine my suprise when he decided to put nice wood laminate flooring in our WHOLE house and got it DONE in 2.5 weekends! Amazing! There is hope...not all projects turn out bigger than they start. Though this is the first for us in 10 years that didn't! One time we wanted to move a door in the bathroom and ended up having to put in a whole new sub-floor and walls since moving the door showed a rotten floor and slat and plaster walls! Oh my!

Mindy

That looks AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see it in person! My blog needs some SERIOUS help! HA! I hope it all goes well! I can't wait to see you! LOVE YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...