CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Few Pictures From My Week As A Teacher

Most of you know that I subbed Monday - Wednesday for Brooklyn's Kindergarten Class. I thought that it would be fun to share a few photos of our week together.

First of all, I had them bring an instrument from home so that we could have a little band for our songs during devotion time. The kids loved this and I must admit, it was a hoot! We never could settle on a name, but here are a few of the options that were thrown out for selection: Kindergarten Band, Kindergarten Rock Band, Rockin K, Rock Band, Dr. Seuss Band, and many more. It was all I could do to not laugh as they played and sang to their hearts content. The second time around I thought that it would be best to have them 'play' along with a CD of their Kindergarten songs, this was even more of a hit! They really thought that they were good then. One of the songs had a clarinet playing along and Cole said, "Wow, Brooklyn I could really hear you playing that time and you are good." This made Brooklyn's day and I never had the heart to tell her that it was the CD and not her.:):)What a fun memory!

Seeing as how it was 'Dr Seuss week', it would not be complete without "Green Eggs and Ham." So, we read the book 3 times,(at the kids request) and then we made our own to go along with our snack. The kids watched as I mixed the eggs and ham with green food coloring and they were so excited. They were skeptical at first to eat it, but then ended up loving it. The 1st Grade asked us to come and join them for a 'Dr. Seuss movie' and so this is how we ended our day. I now remeber why I was never a big fan of his writing though, his books never make any sense!!

Needless to say, it was a most enjoyable experience being able to 'teach' this class and a special time for Brooklyn as well. Come Thursday, I was exhausted! I don't know how everyone else does it all the time. You put out so much energy all day and then you have all your regular duties facing you when you arrive home. The laundry seemed to be endless this week and I had to let the normal duties of cleaning, etc. slide a bit and save them for today. I must say, if/when I have the opportunity to do this again I will have to enlist the help of my crockpot! The hardest task of all was coming home and trying to decide what to have for dinner. We did survive, but I have to be honest and say that we had nothing gourmet this week for dinner. Nope, the editors of William Sonoma would not have not asked to have a copy of my receipes this week.:):) Oh, well we had fun making memories and that is more important anyway! To think that I had the privilege of touching a life, bringing a smile to a little face, and giving a hug to each one in the class for even a couple of days, it was worth it all to me!


Asa, Sarah, Kyle, Acacia, Ashley, Brooklyn, & Cole


Asa, Kyle, Brooklyn, & Acacia


Brooklyn, Acacia, Ashley, & Cole



Green Eggs & Ham!



So very proud of her new CCS sweatshirt with her last name on the back!

3 comments:

Chera Crane

Great post....LOVED IT!!! The pictures were adorable, but I don't think I'll let Brooklyn know I have a clarinet or otherwise she might want to take that up instead of the violin;)...glad that she is liking music though!!! I'm sure you were a fun teacher also....LOVE YOU!!!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere

I'm so glad you got to do that, and that you had so much fun!

LaRona

Um....the deciding what to fix for dinner after teaching still hasn't gotten any easier, after all these years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...