CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Sp'egg'tacular Evening!

A current favorite in our home right now is the movie, " The Easter Bunny is Coming to Town Today." Brittan faithfully, and sometimes very annoyingly, watches it everyday. It is, or maybe I should say was, a very cute story about Easter and in it they talk about coloring eggs. This has intrigued both of my kids for sometime now and I thought that with all the sickness in our household we needed some sort of excitement to liven things up around here. Since this is something that I have never done before, even as a child, I was a little hesitant about all the mess, but really and truly around here right now, it would probably go unnoticed with all the ladders, tools, paint buckets, etc. lining the hallway and front entry, so we gave it a try! The kids loved it! They turned out adorable and it was a fun thing to do together. Tomorrow evening we are going to bake the Resurrection Cookies, so that should be fun as well and will also bring the real meaning for Easter to life for them. Hope you enjoy ALL the pictures. Consider yourself warned, there are alot of them, but I didn't know which one to cut out.


Patiently waiting to start coloring the eggs!


"Watch me Brittan, this is how you do it"


Precious little hands!!!


One very excited boy!


So happy to be coloring eggs!


Helping Brittan put wax on his egg.


Brooklyn's egg...


And Brittan's egg.


Brook & Brooklyn working together to stencil an egg.


So delighted with his egg, but then it slipped out of his hand...


What's left of the egg.


Broken hearted that his egg broke!


The finished product.


Happy Easter from our family to yours!

3 comments:

LaRona

We will miss you eggspecially much tomorrow!

Chera Crane

LOVED the pictures!!!! Adorable blog!!! Miss & Love you all...our prayers are with you and your family!!!
Love you,
Chera

Mary Ellen

Glad to see ya'll are up and at 'em again. When over half the house is sick that is NO fun!

You've seriously never colored eggs!?!?! Well, even if it is many years after your childhood I'm glad you got to enjoy it with your own kiddos. I still love doing it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...