The saying is true, "you have to experience New York." I can tell you all about my trip, but in reality, for you to get the full picture you must experience it on your own. Everyone should visit NYC! I went not really knowing what to expect and when I got there, it wasn't what I had expected, it was more. I can't possibly begin to explain for you all the sites, smells(some amazing and others not), sounds, etc. that go along with your experience, but it was truly amazing. My only regret was that Brook was not there to get to see it with me. My parents were the greatest tour guides, having been there so many times before they knew where to go and what to show me.
We were able to take in 2 Broadway shows, 'The Little Mermaid' and 'Mary Poppins' and I cannot begin to tell you how amazing they were. Mary Poppins was my favorite, but the singing and acting in both were outstanding! I wished so many times that Brooklyn was there sitting in between my parents, she would have loved them. The theaters were unbelieveably beautiful, they themselves set the stage for the stories! Broadway - definitely a must in NYC. (Yes, I did get to see several celeberties, our Hotel was right next to the famous Ziegfeld Theatre - that is another story in and of itself!!)
On Monday, we were able to accompany my Dad and his staff to the NYSE and go out onto the floor. It was the coolest thing ever to be there when they rang the bell to announce the beginning of the trading and then to get to watch the traders and specialist working their magic right on the floor. I was not allowed to take my camera for obvious reasons, but what you see on TV is definitely a buzz of action, only times 100 when you can see it all right there in person. We then ate lunch on the top floor of the Bank of New York, America's 1st Bank, which looked out across the entire city of New York. Out one window we saw The Statue of Liberty, another Ground Zero, another the NYC skyline, and the other all the famous bridges - what a sight!! Definitely a fun day.
We shopped, we ate, we toured, we walked, we rode, we talked, we LAUGHED, we saw, we made memories, and we came home thankful for where we call home. I will go again, only next time I will take Brook with me. Now it's back to reality...laundry, cleaning, life here at the Schatz household, but I end by saying a great BIG "Thank You" to you Dad & Mom for taking with you. It is an experience that I will always cherish!

My Mom & I were killing time in the Chicago airport. Due to severe weather conditions we had a long layover!

A picture with Dad in our ride to the Hotel...

Now a picture with Mom.

Fun Times!! and so many laughs this night!!!

Out of all the hundreds and hundreds of colors I did manage to find one that was extremely likeable - Blue & Orange. (Go BSU!)

My Mom & I in Time Square

My Favorite Broadway show - "Mary Poppins"

Speaker-Lawerence Denny, Senator Brent Hill, & my Dad at "123" (in French)

Mom, Me, & Donna

Waiting to go in to see the 'Little Mermaid'





4 comments:
How amazingly fun! Sounds like a great trip...I know what you mean about wanting to share it with your husband. Hey, a reason to go back. The girls and I saw "The Little Mermaid" also. Love, love, loved it! Welcome home.
Looks like you had a good time! I am happy for you. Love ya!
Isn't New York City amazing? In the 8 years I lived in the suburbs I never got tired of going there - never wanted to live there but LOVED going in for sightseeing, Broadway shows, etc. Rick rode the train in everyday to Grand Central Station and then walked from there the few blocks to his office. Even thought that was seven and a half years ago it seems like it was about 20. We can't wait to go back someday and take our kids. Michael was there several times but doesn't remember it as he was too young. For his 2nd birthday we saw Blues Clues Live at Radio City Music Hall and sat in the 2nd row - SO much fun.
When you take your daughter I would highly recommend "Beauty and the Beast" - you would both love it! I hope you can visit sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas, just breathtaking.
Since you said "Part 1" I am assuming there will be a Part 2 so I'm looking forward to reading more and seeing pictures.
Wendy & Sheila, to you both I say thanks! It was so fun, but good to be home.
Mary, I would have loved to have seen Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. We were able to take Brooklyn to an off Broadway replica production and it was still fun. That is my favorite Disney Princess.:) And I told my Dad that I would have loved to have seen something at Radio City. There is just so muc to see and do. And like you, we are going to wait to take our kids until they are older and can fully appreciate it. Until then, Disneyland is more their style!!:)
Post a Comment