
The Brooklyn Bridge. (taken for my own Brooklyn)

Sitting at the Brooklyn Tabernacle waiting for service to start on Sunday morning. What a treat!!!

NBC Studios in Rockfellar Plaza. Very fun!

Trinity Church nestled in between all the many buildings on Wall Street. This is the church where everyone ran for safety during the attack on 9/11.

The NYSE

Jennifer & I, having just received our badges and security clearance are ready to enter the NYSE. Extremely enjoyable day!!

Up on the executive floor of the NYSE, in the board room. We are standing in front of the origional timepiece that was first used when the Stock Exchange was first opened. It still works today and has never had to be reset in all hundreds of years it has been used. Also, that is 24ct gold that lines the molding on all the walls and ceilings in the building. The architecture today is not quite the same. It really was breathtaking!

Looking out the first window from the top floor at Bank of New York. It was beautiful!!

A view of Ground Zero from the top floor. They told us that on 9/11 they were up in this particular room and were at eye level with the second plane before it hit the Twin Towers. It literally was right there within almost an arms reach of them. Can you imagine?

Another view from the top floor - NYC skyline

Lunch at the Bank of New York

Notice the last name on my place card.:)I think that my dad was thinking that it was much easier to pronounce than Schatz.:):)

The dessert was too beautiful to eat!

The sign at the Bank of New York welcoming the Idaho Delegation Team.

(From L to R)My Dad, Jennifer Carberry, Senator Brent Hill, Me, My Mom. Other side - Donna Denny, Underwriter Scott??, & Speaker of the House Lawerence Denny





6 comments:
I've been enjoying your report! What a fun trip for you.
Here's how spacey I am... The other day I read your post and subconsciously thought to myself, "Wonder why a state representative needed to be at the NYSE? Guess I just don't know much about what's involved in his job." Today I had a "Duh!" moment! Silly me! Your dad is our State Treasurer, of course. And has been for a number of years! LOL! Don't know why I spaced that out.
Now that I have THAT clear in my feeble little mind, it all makes much more sense!
Don't be to hard on yourself. My Dad was a State Rep for over 20 yrs, and you might have perhaps got him mixed up with my brother Brent who is currently serving in that role. There are too many of us to keep straight!!!:)
Yep. He was a state rep when Allen married into the family. I guess that's why I still had that in my head. Don't know why I spaced that he is now the treasurer. I even voted for him!! (I'm losing track of time... but I think I've voted for him twice. He's on his 3rd term, right?)
Hi Valerie,
The pictures are wonderful! It must be quite an experience. I told your dad once he took all his kids, he should start on his friends :). Glad you had a good time. I've never been to NYC, but I've been to Chicago airport, and that part probably wasn't very much fun. Except the part where there are so many planes going everywhere, it feels like you are on a freeway:). Love, Cindy
Loved all your pics of NYC...I could not believe how many pics you and I have that are very much the same...Trinity Church, 911, NYSE and the Huge flag. I was there last July and spent the afternoon...then shopped a little at the mall by the Pier. It was lots of fun. So glad you could go. Have a wonderful week!
So much fun to see your pictures! Makes me eager to go back for a visit. I think one could visit every year and not run out of things to see and/or do - such a unique and exciting place isn't it? Nothing quite like it!
It's so weird for me, still, to see pictures and video of Ground Zero. We ate at the top of one of the World Trade Center buildings at the famous Windows on the World Restaurant - an unforgettable experience. When you have been inside there it's hard to imagine they fell, they were so massive. My boss (where I was a nanny) was part owner of them, they were so big there were many owners. Still hard to wrap my brain around since I haven't been to the area since they fell.
I'm so glad you got to go, and so glad you shared your experience with us on here - I enjoyed it very much.
Post a Comment