On towards evening, I was in the cabin preparing dinner and the children and Brook were playing outside together having a wonderful time together when all of the sudden they burst in the door out of breath. I turned from what I was doing to ask Brook what was going on and he said very calmly, "there is a bear in the back yard." I thought he was teasing, because he is known for that, but he was indeed serious and told us all to run to a window and look out. After he made sure that the little bear was not accompanied by a momma, we went outside to watch it crawl under the fence and over into the neighbors yard. I grabbed my camera, but was holding a very nervous little boy, so my picture turned out blurry. It did cause quite some excitement and the kids were done playing outside for the day.:) Later that same evening we were so excited to have my parents and my brother Brent and his wife Rochenda come to stay for the remainder of the weekend. They both were celebrating anniversaries and so that made it even more special. We had so much fun talking, laughing, sharing, going for a drive, resting, relaxing, eating wonderful food, just being together without the normal everyday interruptions that bombard us when we are home. We made fun memories together and returned home rested, relaxed, and ready to face September. We did miss the rest of the family that were not there, but they were either away at college, working, or had to work at some point this weekend. Thank you Shirlee for letting us have a weekend away with family. Next time, you must join us!

Does it get any better than this, internet service, a good cup of coffee, and enjoying the outdoors in the mountians of McCall, ID?

They played in the sand for a couple of hours. They LOVE the beach!!!

They were laying in the sand just a visiting away and had no idea that we were watching.:)


The blurry bear photo. He IS the black spot that you see.:)

Brook looking up the directions on the internet for us to play a card game.:)

So happy together!

My Dad walking the kids down to the water.

Brooklyn playing with Keaton.

My official station. I enjoyed it!

Brent & the kids wanted to make s'mores. He took them to the grocery store by himself, which is a total nother story, and then came home and helped them get started.:)

Brittan with his "lookers":):)

Rochenda getting ready to enjoy roasting marshmellows with Brittan & Brooklyn's 'help'.

Eating breakfast at the Pancake House, "The Girl's Table!"

The "Boy's Table!"

Brooklyn LOVES Nana!!!

Three little cousins.:)

All four of us in front of the cabin.





2 comments:
So wish we could have been there! It looks like so much fun. I am so glad you family was able to come up for a few days. Love you!!!
I have never been to Idaho but I'd love to visit the state sometime! Looks like you had a great weekend. We spent the day unpacking--a few left over boxes from our move--a year ago!!!! Not relaxing but rewarding! :-)
Post a Comment