CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Little Girl Started School Today

It was a much different scene than last year that played this morning as I prepared to send Brooklyn off for the first day of school. She was ready, I was ready. She was excited, I was excited. She was happy, I was happy. The difference? We have done this before.:)

It was after much debate that we decided to put her into Kindergarten again this year. With her just turning 5 at the beginning of school last year that made her the youngest. Everyone else had already turned 6, was turning 6, and some were even turning 7. I'm not someone who is a big worrier, but in this case it was different. I didn't want Brooklyn to be 11 and the others in her class to be 12 or 13. Somehow, during those years of development, a year makes a huge difference. Mrs. Trigsted informed us that she would be closer in age to the classmates of this year's Kindergarten class, than that of last year's class. We made the decision, I felt good about it, but still had some questions running through my mind about if we had indeed made the right decision. Today, my mind was put at ease. As I watched her confidentally walk into her class room, sit at her desk, and begin to work, my doubts and questions were put to rest. She is right where she is supposed to be and I am so glad.


My Kindergartener.


All packed up and ready to go.


Ready to take my little girl into school.


Mrs. Trigsted & Brooklyn.


Brittan thought that he would like to stay for the morning as well.

5 comments:

Mindy

AWW!!! it makes me want to cry! I can't believe she's in school again!!! I LOVED the entry! Also LOVED the previous entry about Brooklyn and Brittan! I love their sensitivity and sweetness! You are doing such a fantastic job as a mother! Matt agrees, by the way! we love you all so very much!

Wendy

Okay...I checked back tonight because I knew you'd have school pictures! Valerie, I'm so glad you feel at peace with your decision. She will have a much different experience this year and she will be more confident because of it. What will my reasons be for keeping her next year???

Sharleen

I checked this morning because I knew you would be blogging about the same thing as me. :) I am so glad Brooklyn is enjoying her first week!! It finally hit Ashley yesterday that Brooklyn isn't in her class this year..she got a little teary eyed, but I just reminded her how special first recess will be and how much fun we can have outside of school. That made her feel better.

Lenita

WOW Valerie...if your like me it's hard to believe our little ones are out the door and off to school again!
Brooklyn looks so adorable.
I hope it's a wonderful year.
Brianna prayed tonite that Jesus would help her to learn alot!!
It was so sweet...and I love listening to their thot's in prayer!!
Hope your doing well.
Were excited to see Jaron...Brittany just said she saw him tonite. We will miss that boy!!
He's a sweetheart!!
Love you...Have a good weekend!

LaRona

I read this post awhile ago, but got too busy to comment. You have made the right decision - and one you will never regret! The confident smile says it all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...