The washer and dryer have been running non-stop since we got home Sunday evening. As I sit down here to write this post, that is still the noise that fills the background. One more load to go and I think that we have washed away all the camp dirt! Then I can start on the pile of ironing! I love to iron and plan on doing it this evening while I watch something with my family.![]()
This year, camp was awesome. I know that sounds cliche', but there really is not better word to describe it. Bro. Richard Gemillion was the evangelist and the Shrout's were the singers. They were an amazing team. I went with the idea that I was there to see my friends, and yes I did that. But even more wonderful, was the fact that I came home with my cup filled up to the brim. The preaching was just what I needed and I did some soul searching. I found that there are some areas that need some tending to in my life. I can't thank the Lord enough for being faithful to my heart and still placing conviction upon me when and where needed. So it was a double blessing!
My children had a total blast! What is better than a whole week of dirt and friends? They had both and I know that they thought that they were in heaven. Several of my friends commented to me that they have never seen my children dirty before, and even my mother wanted me to take some pictures of Brooklyn with her hair all a mess and dirt on her face.
Evidentally, they all think that I am a little to much of a clean freak. But if they were ever here at our home for very long, they would know that my children love the dirt, and yes, their Mom does let them get dirty. I hope that the pictures will show just how dirty that they got, but I am afraid that I didn't capture it. I do know however, my children did not win the "dirtest kid" award, that went to Kassady and Johnessa.
They literally were covered from head to toe and it was so fun to watch Lori, who is also a clean freak, worry over Kassady's filthy plight! We spent many an hour in or by the sand pit and got a good amount of chatting done with all the ladies. All and all it was a wonderful week. If you are one of my friends who were not fortunate enough to get to be there, you were missed!
.







2 comments:
Sounds like yal had a great camp! It is wonderful when the Lord comes and meets with us on a personal level! I'm glad that the Lord loves to cultivate our relationship with Him no matter how long we have been on this journey!! I love seeing the pics!
Monday July 16, 2007 - 02:03pm (EDT)
You have a nice blog with beautiful pictures of your family. It is a nice way to keep in contact over the thousands of miles between us. It is wonderful to see God blessing you with joy and happiness!
Tuesday July 17, 2007 - 07:55pm (EDT)
Post a Comment