We were priviledged to have my sister LaRona and her family come to stay here at our house for the weekend. I can't begin to tell you how excited that Brooklyn and Brittan were when they heard them pull into the driveway. All day I had listened to "are they almost here yet, when will they be here," etc. Needless to say, for two little children, it seemed to take an eternity for their favorite cousin to appear. Hearing the crunch of the tires pulling in was music to their ears and what should have been their bedtime became the beginning of several hours of play. Brittan had a blast showing Rena all "his" toys and by evenings end, I do believe that she had seen at least 80% of them, and so did we, all over the house. Brooklyn meanwhile had LaRona capitivated, "showing" her the house (not that they have never been here before, but she does this with everyone), her toys, and most importantly, Dora, the cat. Rona was most patient and very animated in her response to everything that she has seen 100 times before. That made it all the more fun for Brooklyn. We finally shut them all down sometime after 1:00a/m and were off to bed.
Brooklyn had made plans of all the places in which she wanted to take Rena and Rona, including the Library (one of her most favorite places), her school, and bike riding. We did get it all fit in over the course of the 3 days that they were here and Brooklyn had a smile as big as they come. We sent Brook and Allen off to do their own thing, and Rona and I did manage to squeeze in time for chatting, baking, reading, and watching movies with everyone. It was a very fun weekend and we hope that they don't wait 3 more years to come again!!







4 comments:
Valerie,
Ok, I will have to say, Brooklyn was dirty. That makes me feel better, since my kids seem to attract dirt for some reason. It sounds like you all had a great weekend. Have fun at the cabin and I will look forward to seeing you Thursday!
Love, Shauna
Monday July 30, 2007 - 12:13pm (MDT)
We had such a great time & made many good memories! I'll try to get around to blogging my pics as well. I noticed that Rena must have Chera & Jaron's artistic abilities as she drew a figure 8 on the sidewalk while Brittan just scribbled.... lol! J/K I'll work on Rena's sharing you mentioned....this week @ the condo! =)
Monday July 30, 2007 - 03:22pm (MDT)
Loved the pictures!!! Love seeing Rena and her cousins. She sure is a sweet girl and I wish we could see her more!
Monday July 30, 2007 - 07:19pm (PDT)
Looks like you all had a ton of fun! See you at the condo...we're coming up Tuesday night.
Monday July 30, 2007 - 08:31pm (MDT)
Post a Comment