Being from Idaho is perhaps the reason that it is in my blood, but I love the rodeo! I am not a cowgirl, nor do I pretend to be one for the night, but that doesn't lessen my excitement for going. I don't doll up like most attendees, pretending to be someone I am not, Wranglers and me just wouldn't mix!!
No point in showing off what isn't what it used to be!!!!!
I go because I like to watch the different events, it is a once a year tradition to attend and it is the West at its finest!!! All who live here know that July is pretty much the kickoff month for the rodeos all around the state, the best of which is the Snake River Stampede in Nampa. It is an indoor arena, which is wonderful because it is air conditioned, but also the instant replay big screens. We had good seats up close to the fence and it was wonderful for the kids. Not only do they have the regular bull riding, calf roping, barrel racing events that go along with your typical, but also the in-between acts are extremely entertaining and fun to watch.There was everything from the Night Light Riders to chuck wagon races. It was fantastic! I don't know who enjoyed what more?, the kids watching all the different animals performing, or my parents and us watching the kids enjoy it. All in all it was a fun evening and I am glad that we went again this year. Anytime that there is laughter and good company, you are sure to go home with a warm feeling in your heart and a smile on your face. Perhaps we will go to the Lewiston Round-Up in September.
.







0 comments:
Post a Comment