CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 27, 2007

Annual Schatz-Walker Camping Trip

We LOVE to camp! My parents taught me at an early age to love to go camping. And when I say camping, I mean in our camper. I am not a tenter!! I love to have running water, a good comfortable bed, a shower, and last, but definitely not least, indoor plumbing!!! There is nothing fun to me about sleeping on the ground, going to bed dirty, not being able to wash your hands or having a bathroom. About 3 years ago we were privileged enough to get a camper and have loved the comfort and fun times that it has brought us, and believe me there are many.

Every year we try to arrange a trip with Brook's sister, Darcy, Mark, and their ever growing family. For those of you who don't know the Walker's, they are the home for the homeless! Not really, they are just people with extremely big hearts and God bless them for it!!! They have four children, but you would never know it. There is always someone (or ones) extra tagging along with them and they love it. Trust me, it takes a very special person to be as big hearted as they are!!! Then there is Kale and Kyler, the two boys whom they are trying to adopt. So that puts them up to 6 children, plus tag alongs, thank goodness that they have a mansion for a camper. This weekend it was no different. They had their 4, Kale, Kyler, Korbin, & Brittnie. It was a full house, but the more the merrier I believe is their family motto.

We usually go to Winchester, but I wanted to try somewhere we had never been, so we went to Dworshak Resv. in Orfino. It was only about an hour away and I cannot begin to tell you how amazingly beautiful it was! I had no idea and it is now going on our favorite camping spot list and we will return. There was a campfire restriction due to the extreme dryness and heat, so there was no late night campfire chats or marshmellow roasting, but we did play a few games, got a ton of visiting done, jet skied, swam, played in the mud, and just had a wonderful time together. It was short, but sweet and I love my times together with the Walker's. I did a terrible job of taking pictures of everyone, so I apologize in advance that you don't get to see everyone, only my kids, but when you have two very active children, it is more important to know where they are at all times then it is to photograph everyone that was present. I will try to do better next time. So thank you Walker's for another fun and memorable camping trip and let's do it again next year.




1 comments:

Anonymous

Looks like a postcard setting! I grew up in a family that went camping, but like yours does - not roughing it TOO much and now we (my sisters and their families) all go togther and all of our kids love it too. It's a family favorite! I think the memories made camping are very special. A bunch of the couples in our church all got together and went camping a couple of times too - that was extra fun! Great pictures.

Tuesday August 28, 2007 - 09:41am (EDT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...