It has been a tradition for years that when one of the Seward cousins is getting married or having their first baby, that person receives a "family" shower. I have to be honest here, it is the most fun and nicest shower any person could ever receive. We, all the relatives, look forward to these times because it is really the only time when we ALL are together for an entire evening (Judy & Sheila, you have an excused absence, loved the photocopy out of your wedding album you sent.). For example, a Seward shower is not the same unless; there is constant talking (sometimes noisy), Rachelle makes her chocolate dipped strawberries, Nadine or Shirlee bring pictures, a family story from when our mom's were young is told, we start the shower late because we are all talking and can't stop, there are funny comments made from any one of us younger generation cousins that has the older cousins asking what it is that we are laughing about, one of the older cousins prays (in this case Shirlee and it was beautiful!), or LaDonna doesn't remind us that we are blessed to be in/from this family and we have a heritage to carry on! There is so much laughter and enjoyment in the room and everyone hates to see the evening come to an end.
This past Thursday, it was Mindy's turn. My dear friend and cousin, Shauna, was the hostess and as always it was beautiful, the food delicious and her home so very inviting! (If you have never been there, you are missing out. She is one of the all time greatest hostess' ever!) Mindy said on the way over, "wow, I have gone to these for years and can't believe that it is actually my turn and I am so excited." We were up at the cabin, so we had about an hour & a half drive and it was fun. Everyone in the car was excited and the conversation the whole way was wedding and/or shower oriented. It set the evening off to a fun, girly start!
Mindy was exuberent as she opened each and every item. There were panties, pj's, robes, slippers, perfumes, and lotions, of every color and style. It made me wish that after you are married 10 years, that you could get another shower, just to replenish your drawers.
I was actually talking to a friend of mine about it later and we thought that it would be fun to have several girlfriends over for an "after you've been married several years" shower. Anyway, Mindy loved everything she received and was very overwhelmed by it all. You really notice in a setting such as that, how many people really do love you. It really is a time when you are acknowledged by a gift, from those who care the most about you. It makes you stop and think about how or whom, you as a person, are investing your time and life into. Are they friends worthy of your time here on earth? Are you a good friend and support in return? In this case, I would say yes. I am very thankful for my famly. They are worth the time and effort that I have put in to getting to know them on a very personal level. Thank you LaDonna, Shauna, and Rachelle for the beautiful shower that you gave to Mindy. Once again I went away with joy in my heart because I had been in the presence of some of those who are very closest to me, my family. I love you!







7 comments:
Great pictures! Great memories! Great evening!
Wednesday August 8, 2007 - 12:58pm (MDT)
Thanks so much for sharing! I am sorry I missed it!
Wednesday August 8, 2007 - 05:31pm (MDT)
I apologize that some of these pictures look blurry, I think that it is my computer because when I had them printed they are great. Sorry!!
Thursday August 9, 2007 - 04:24pm (MDT)
I loved the pictures and I agree it was a great time : )
Thursday August 9, 2007 - 08:57pm (MDT)
What a fun night that was...we all thoroughly enjoyed it!!!! Can't wait til' my turn:)
Monday August 13, 2007 - 06:23pm (MDT)
What a fantastic evening!!! Everything was wonderful & perfect...as always! ;) Ever since I was a little girl, I have waited for my "Seward Shower"! I can't believe that it was finally my turn! It was everything and more that I could have hoped for! Thank you to Shauna, Rachelle & LaDonna for hosting this awesome evening! And thanks to all of you who "spoiled" me as well! I am overwhelmed by your kindness, generosity, love and support! I thoroughly enjoyed myself! I could never thank you enough! I love you all! ~Mindy
Wednesday August 15, 2007 - 02:52am (EDT)
I don't think we've met but your sister Cherra lived with us for a few months - we miss her, I know Mindy, Matt and your parents, I've known Rochenda forever and I live across the street from Talisha's parents and knew her most of her life so we sure do know a lot of the same people! "-) I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of one of Mindy's showers - thank you for posting them. Looks like it was wonderful!
Thursday August 23, 2007 - 10:26pm (EDT)
Post a Comment