Every other year we go on Crane family vacation. This means that the entire Ron Crane family, plans and goes on a 7-10 day vacation all together. It is always fun, noisy, busy, and full of memories that are worth every penny spent! And although it is usually to a place like Disneyland or something, this year, since we are having a wedding and the bride and bride's mother thought it best, we stayed a little closer to home. You would think that they were trying to plan a wedding or something and had lots to do.
So, to accomodate the above mentioned, we headed to my parents cabin in beautiful Cascade.
Despite the fact that there was a forest fire a few miles away which provided us with the smell of camp fire, it was still as relaxing and beautiful. We spent most of our time there at the lake. Whether it was building sand castles, collecting rocks (a personal favorite of Brooklyn's), sitting in a lawn chair soaking our toes and chatting, swimming, or jet ski-ing it was the place that found most of us spending our time. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for being outside and in the water and once again I realized why I haven't sold my jet ski.![]()
I have told Brook for years that we should sell them, they have sat for at least 6-7 years just collecting dust. But knowing that we were going to have a few days in the warm sunshine at the lake, we decided to get them out, dust them off, gas them up, and get them wet. You would have never known that we hadn't been on them, well perhaps I should re-phrase that, you couldn't tell that mine had sat for years, Brook's was a different story, but he had it going by the end of the day. Yeah, I think that we will be going again this weekend. Other than being a little sore from using muscles that I haven't used in years, it was fantastic and I had truly forgotten that I really enjoy this sport! My parents and Brent rented a couple of sit down skis for the "not so adventureous ones" in the family and they were really fun, but I guarantee that they were not as sore as those of us that tried our stand ups!!
All in all, it was the laughter, memories made, and time spent being together that meant the most to me. I have truly been blessed with the greatest family on earth and there is no one on earth that I would rather spend time with. They are each one different and as unique as the next, but that is what makes them so special. For if one is missing, there is no one that can fill his or her shoes. I love you each one and thank you for the fun time we had once again.
(I am experiencing some problems with my slide show, so I will try to upload the rest of the pictures and post them this afternoon. Sorry!)







1 comments:
Thanks for sharing...Brittan laying in the sand is priceless...Love Uncle Chad
Monday August 6, 2007 - 09:17pm (PDT)
Post a Comment