CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Matt & Mindy's Big Day!

I really am at a loss for words to know where to begin with this blog entry. It would be an understatement to say that it was perhaps the most beautiful wedding that I have ever attended and could possibly sound a little bias because my sister was the bride. Please know that in no way do I mean to be so, it is just simply the truth. Not only was the bride gorgeous, the children darling, the bridesmaids dresses everything that you would want, the groomsmen very handsome, the parents very sharp, but the presence of God was very evident in the entire service. You left knowing that they had and will put God first in their lives and a little bit in awe of how everything went off without a hitch. It wouldn't have been Mindy's wedding if anything, but perfection happened. There is nothing worse than having a major crisis before you are supposed to walk down the aisle, but at her wedding that just wouldn't, couldn't happen. Kinda of overwhelming for a person, that being me, who just knows that glitches happen. It would be my little boy who had mascara all over his white outfit and found an ink pin that looked lovely on his white shorts just prior to going down the aisle, my little girl who after pictures decided to take her headband out and have her hair all a mess, or me who forgot the extra battery for the camera back at the house. That is not to say that I am a person with bad luck, but rather one who has "life" come at her with a little extra umph. Things always work out, but it is in these times that the stress level rises just a bit! The mascara washed out, the ink pin, another story, the hair re-combed, and my husband being the problem solver that he is, thought about someone else's battery charger and re-charged the battery. Whew (big breath here)!


Mindy has blessed my life with her presence for the past 23 years. Not only is she my sister, but more importantly, an extremely close friend. I thought as I drove up to my parents house, "man, I am excited for her wedding, but I am going to hate it that she is not here every waking moment when I come down." Life for me will never be the same and this, well, I am not adjusting very well to. Mindy is one of those people that you always want around. She is kind, loyal, helpful, merciful, competent, always goes for the underdog, loves to laugh, family is #1, ... I could go on for hours, but I mustn't. Matt is getting the most wonderful girl. She will make an amazing wife. She is a good cook, knows how to keep an immaculate house, cares about her own self image, will work right along side him outside or wherever, will support his calling, even though she herself is not called, will make an excellent nurse, an amazing mother to their children, will be his very nearest and dearest friend and his biggest supporter. My parents raised her well and I know that she is ready to take on the new role that lies before her. I love you, Mindy and even though you are only minutes away from Mom and Dad's place, I will miss you greatly. Very best wishes to you and Matt.

I am going to upload all the pictures that I have on my camera, but will not edit each photo. If you want to see more, go to LaRona, Rochenda, or Shauna's blogs or Clarissa, Heather, or Chera's Facebooks. Enjoy!!




4 comments:

Anonymous

Everything looks just beautiful!!! I love the photos taken from up above. You can see everything so well. The isle looks amazing. I'm so glad that "material" worked out so well and looked so beautiful.;-) What a perfect place for a wedding! Everything looks so elegant!

Thursday September 13, 2007 - 06:11pm (EDT)

Anonymous

It was so beautiful! Great pictures and good memories.

Thursday September 13, 2007 - 07:08pm (MDT)

Anonymous

The pix are amazing!!! I'm so sad that we didn't make it, but it couldn't be helped. It looks just amazing. Missed seeing you and everybody else. Mindy looks radiant!

Friday September 14, 2007 - 09:40am (PDT)

Anonymous

Dearest Val, Ok! Totally made me cry! WOW! What a beautiful entry! Thank you SO much! It seriously couldn't have happened without your help! I don't know what I would have done without you! I knew that I could count on you for anything & anything I asked you to do would be and was completed! YOU are WONDERFUL!!! I'm at Matt's parents house right now and I must admit that although the honeymoon is a blast I am ready to come home! I am MISSING everyone terribly!!! I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!

Wednesday September 19, 2007 - 12:15pm (EDT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...