CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Our Weekend With the Moore's

Sometime's in life you are blessed with dear friends, one's in which you may not see often, but you always seem to pick up right where you left off the last time and keep right on going. Kristin is this type of friend. Although we live only about two hours away from each other, we only see each other a few times a year. We have been friends since our early teen years and our friendship has deepened through the years. Whenever a time comes that they are able to visit, we try to pack in as much as possible. This time was no different. The time flew by swiftly, like it always does, and we anxiously look forward to the next time they come to our house to visit.

They arrived Friday afternoon and we hurriedly got the kids ready to head out the door to the fair. The kids were dying to get on the rides, so instead of having them ask 43 different times while we were looking around, we went there first. Good choice! They had a blast and were worn out by the time their tickets were all used up so we were free to move on to the animals. My two children were totally enthralled with the livestock. With both of them being animal lovers, they would have spent the rest of the day right there! I had to tease Kristin that her children were becoming major city folk, there was a lamb all covered in spandex to keep his wool clean for the night, and Kolby asked, "Mom why does that horse have pj's on." We laughed at his expense and moved on. The highlight for the kids was when they were able to hold a baby goat. And guess who had to show them how? No, not Brook, me!!! I did live through it, but am not looking to do it again any time soon. In order to not have them be frightened, the owners asked that I take the baby goat first and hold it, so that it could get used to the children. I didn't want to be offensive to the people, I did not know them from Adam, so I blocked out the reality of what I was doing, took the goat and knelt down by Brooklyn, Kolby, and Brittan. Luckily, I got a tame goat, the other lady had one that was jumping all over her and I think we all know what would have happened if that would have happened to me. I would have ended up on the roof of the place. It really was sweet and the kids loved it and I was able to wash my hands when we were done, not too much hair to deal with since it was so new, and the clothes went directly into the laundry when we arrived home! In truth, I wouldn't have done anything different, because Brooklyn was in heaven holding the little baby and it was so sweet watching her with it and she was reluctant to have to let it go. And it was the first thing she asked her Dad when we got home, "Dad, could I have a baby goat for a pet?" I think you all know the answer that he gave. Watch for a "baby goat" blog in the future. Hopefully, not!

The rest of the time they were here the kids ran and played, we watched movies, we shopped, we talked, talked, and talked and made some more fun memories together. I am thankful for friends and even more thankful that we were blessed enough to get to spend the weekend with them!





5 comments:

Anonymous

How fun! Sounds like you had a great time! And I can see from the pictures that the kids were in hog heaven!

I can't BELIEVE you held that goat! You are amazing! I don't know if I could have done it. Oh the things you will do for your kids...I'm sure my turn is coming. Oh help!

Monday September 24, 2007 - 11:15am (MDT)

Anonymous

I'm with Rochenda. Before I even read the label on the picture, I thought, "No WAY!!! Valerie's holding an animal! Good for you. That goat was so cute, and luckily you got the nice one, huh?

Monday September 24, 2007 - 10:38am (PDT)

Anonymous

Good job, Val! What we do for our kids, huh!

Monday September 24, 2007 - 07:41pm (MDT)

Anonymous

Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you got to be together.

Tuesday September 25, 2007 - 11:26am (MDT)

Anonymous

Looks like you had a great time. Good for you Mom for being willing to "suck it up" to make your kids happy! Next door to us (fenced in) there are goats and the babies are always sweet and gentle. If they are raised around people they stay that way. While I have no desire to have one - they can be sweet. "-)

Thursday September 27, 2007 - 02:16pm (EDT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...