
Time has literally flown by and where it has gone remains a mystery to me, for it was two years ago today that our little Brittan Riley Schatz entered the world. With his blonde curls, big blue eyes and endless smile, he has stolen our hearts and we are so thankful for him and the bright spot that he adds to our home. Our lives have been forever changed by this happy, go lucky, little boy and in truth, there is never a dull moment when he is around. Although extremely busy, all boy, and into everything, he has a soft side that is comparable to none. He loves to give kisses, to "nuggle", or to just be held. He is there for anyone that is 'hurt' or crying to give them a kiss and to say, 'all bedder.' He is definitely a 'Mommy's Boy', but has a big enough heart to include, Daddy, Brooklyn, Nana, all others of my family (to many to list!), Zachary, the neighbors next door, Alaine, his Damma & Poppa, and many more. When and where ever you find him, you are bound to find his "nannie" (blanket) and his stuffed Elmo close by. These two items are a must have when going anywhere! He's not to keen on loud noises, but has no fear of anything, except bears.
(This was brought on by the simple fact of Poppy teasing him about bears and growling at him as he is being chased up the hallway.) Every little noise that he hears that is new or unknown to him, is bears. Although it is adorable to see him run to the couch, pull his little knees up to his chest and bury his nose in his nannie, I can't help but tell him that there are no bears and that he is safe, Mommy is here. He is then off again to play, make mischief, or follow Brooklyn around on their next adventure. His days are filled with many, many smiles, laughter, Elmo movies, football, playing outside, Brooklyn, cookies, gum, and good ole' messes. We love it, and we love him!
Brittan ~ You are one of the greatest gifts given to us from God. (Brooklyn being the other one) I have no way of knowing what life is going to bring your way, but knowing the happy way that you face each and every day, I can only imagine that you will face 'life' the same way. And although you are just playing now, remember that the little Bible that you love to carry around is the greatest guidebook that you could ever own. Your prayers may not always be easily understood, but it is the fact that you love to pray that delights my heart, stay that way. May you always keep your sweet, kind, and helpful little spirit. I don't wish the years away, but I do look forward in anticipation as to what God has for your life. He has written a plan for your life and you, and only you can fulfill His desires. No one else can do exactly what He has planned for you to do! So do it well, do it with all your might. And in the years to come, as fast as I know they will go, I will do everything within my power and God's help to try to prepare you for what lies ahead. But most of all, I will love you. Nothing in this world will ever take your place in my heart. Happy Birthday little Brittan.
All My Love Forever, Mommy





3 comments:
WOW...Val..talk about bringing tears to this mamma's eyes..especially when my 2 "little boys" are now 18 and 15..one is in England w/your parents! I cannot encourage you enough to hold tight to that little hand...they grow sooo quickly..it seemed like just yesterday my boys were 2..and then I blinked and here they are almost grown up. Oh I know you can't really "Hold" onto them..but as you encouraged him to hold on to his little Bible..we know it is our only HOPE!!
Brittan is definitely an incredible gift from our Heavenly Father...he is gorgeous!! love you!!
Wednesday November 14, 2007 - 11:45pm (EST)
What a total cutie pie - and what a well written tribute to him!
Thursday November 15, 2007 - 12:12pm (EST)
WOW!! I totally wanted to cry! He is such a little SWEETIE! What a beautiful message to him! He definitely has brought SO MUCH joy into my life...and he's not even my little boy! Although Matt & I do claim him as our own! We LOVE him SO MUCH!!! It makes me wish again that you lived closer than 5 hours so we could see you all more! Thank you for letting us share in his life! He is an angel & has a very SPECIAL place in our hearts!!! MISS YOU!! LOVE YOU!
Tuesday November 20, 2007 - 03:45pm (EST)
Post a Comment