Somehow, some way, the Grinch worked his way into our home and let me be the first one to say, it was not a very pretty sight. I am a person that likes order, schedules, to do lists that are all crossed off, haircombed, faces washed, toys in their respective place after play time is over, dishes washed & put away, a clean house, a clean car, and the list goes on. But in the hustle and bustle of life, not all t's are crossed nor all the i's dotted, and usually I adapt well, wait until things settle down, and then get everything back in order without a hitch. Not so this week. Now I am being totally honest with all of you, my friends, and in this transparency I expect no judgement! I am sure that if I was ever able to be a mouse in your house, I would find that perhaps you, too, are human. So, with the holiday, travel, sick kids, unpacking, sick Mommy, re-packing, a funeral, and then all that goes on in a home to keep everyone happy and orderly, WHEW!, I realized that it was all not going according as planned. Things started to pile up on me and that wasn't even the laundry. Frustration was staring me in the face and when I looked in the mirror, it was not my own face that I saw, but that of the Grinch. When the thought hit me, I instantly admitted that HE HAD TO GO, but also, I realized that I am not only robbing my husband and children out of the joy of the season, but also, myself. I love this time of year. I love to Christmas shop, I love to bake, I love to sit and watch Christmas movies with my husband and children, I love to go to the light park and drink hot chocolate, I love to sit and read a good book while listening to Christmas music, but when have I actually done any of that?? Not yet, but I am going to. So, I had one bad evening, that doesn't mean I ruined Christmas, but rather was a wake-up call to not let all the 'Grinchness' of order rob me of all the joys of the season. So, this comes as a warning, you might knock on my door and finds toys on the floor, but don't panic, the hot chocolate will be served shortly.
I am a little behind in my posting of all our happenings lately, so I will do a colaboration of several photos from the past two weeks.
.







3 comments:
When in a pinch,
don't budge an inch.
For to be rid of the Grinch,
ain't no cinch!
Thursday November 29, 2007 - 08:44pm (MST)
Great honest blog - if there is one thing I have learned as a Mom - I can make lists and try to be very organized but things can change at any moment and all the best laid plans can go in a totally different direction! I used to get all stressed out (and still have to fight it sometimes) but I finally realized...probably somewhere between child # 3 and # 4 that I needed to go with the flow a little more and things will get done....eventually....but it's a lesson I'm still learning. Hope it helps to know all of us Mom's have been there and we understand exactly what you are saying and you aren't alone. "-)
Friday November 30, 2007 - 12:01am (EST)
Glad to know I am not the only one that feels overwhelmed at times! And, I would love to knock on your door and have some hot chocolate - the toys would be a welcomed sight! love ya! Shauna
Thursday November 29, 2007 - 10:40pm (MST)
Post a Comment