CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I am fully aware that the title of my blog may offend some readers, but it is definitely not meant to. To some Halloween is taboo, and for that I am still not sure why. When you look for the bad in something, you will surely find it. My parents chose not to. We were raised that Halloween was in a sense, National Candy Day - period! I looked forward to this day for months because it meant that it was the one day a year that we were able to go over to the houses of people we knew and ask for candy. I do not in any way, shape, or form, condone the "dark side" of what some may say goes on during this holiday. But in reality, that stuff goes on each and everyday and we don't stop celebrating life in general, so therefore we allow our children to participate.

We started the evening off by going out to dinner at a local restaurant with some friends of ours from Brooklyn's school. At this particular place, if your child wears his or her costume, they eat for free. The place was packed and it was fun for the children to get to see all the others and what they were wearing. After dinner, Brook walked the kids around a nice subdivision (out where we live in the country it is way to far for the kids to walk from house to house) for about an hour, I followed in the car behind them, and then we took them by to see different people that we knew, ending up at Damma's house. The kids had a blast and came home with way more candy than they need! What a fun family night! Sorry about the sidways photo, but I can't seem to get it to rotate.

8 comments:

Anonymous

They look so cute!

Thursday November 1, 2007 - 08:50am (MDT)

Anonymous

I LOVE it! They look adorable!!! How fun! I wish I could have been there to see them!

Thursday November 1, 2007 - 10:56am (EDT)

Anonymous

Now that is 2 adorable Trick 'r Treaters!!!

Thursday November 1, 2007 - 09:43am (MDT)

Anonymous

My parents never talked about the dark side of it and we were quite oblivous - and so are our kids - they don't even know there is a "dark side"! They know some people choose to dress up in scarey costumes and that is the worst they know. I am glad someone somewhere had good weather as a tropical storm messed ours up good - not one of the more fun evenings for us but the kids still had a great time and that is all that matters. Your kids look adorable!

Thursday November 1, 2007 - 01:11pm (EDT)

Anonymous

When I was little I never was allowed..mostly cause my sweet little saintly Grandmother saw the "dark side" and scared me with it! God knows I tho't I would see the devil for sure on Halloween night....Grant's family always used it as National Candy day as well...so we chose to allow our kids to dress up..have fun and make memories....and eat LOTS of candy!!
Brianna had such fun...my older kids have a costume party to go to Sat. nite!! Thanks for sharin...and your children looked adorable!! love ya!

Thursday November 1, 2007 - 02:11pm (EDT)

Anonymous

I'm looking forward to seeing the two pumpkins together this weekend!
I'm especially fond of Raggedy Ann =)

Thursday November 1, 2007 - 01:04pm (MDT)

Anonymous

Hey Val I did not have one tricker treater:(:(

Thursday November 1, 2007 - 06:16pm (PDT)

Anonymous

We love taking the kids trick-or-treating also. I think anything is bad if you make it bad. My kids love it as I did when I was little.

Saturday November 10, 2007 - 12:37pm (PST)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...