CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

You Know You Are From a Political Family When...




Your 2 1/2 year old knows the names of both of the nominees running for President and which one that we support.

Brittan surprised me the other day when we were praying for lunch. Just as I started to pray he said, "Mom, pray for JohnMcCain(one word) to win." I looked at him completely surprised, prayed for our lunch and his request and then decided it was time to explore his thoughts. I proceeded to make a few inquiries and here is a little bit of what I learned. Now remember he is 2 1/2 and everything may not be politically correct.:):) "Mom, I not like Obama. Him has the devil in he's howrt. Him not like babies (I believe that he is thinking that he is like Pharoah in the Bible. He LOVES the story of Moses and Pharoah to him is the baddest, meanest guy ever!), him not like cowrs (cars)(not sure where this one is from, but not far off!). I not want him to win, I want JohnMcCain to win." And so went the conversation. I had to laugh, but also wonder where in the world he has picked this up. He is completely obsessed with it! All of his toys (usually his Cars ie., Lightining McQueen & Tow Mater) 'talk' about it. He(McQueen)asks them if they "like Obama" and then he responds back with to whichever one it is that he is talking to(Tow Mater) and begins to tell them why he doesn't like him. It is hilarious!

Brittan is not the only one, Brooklyn is into it as well, only she is the family prayer warrior! I came into the family room yesterday to find Brooklyn & Brittan kneeling in front of the couch and I could hear her praying, "And please God help John McCain to win. He is a good guy." Everytime that we pray this is her prayer request and several times throughout the day she will ask me if I have prayed for him. So I must say, if John McCain is successful in November, and I PRAY that he is:), it will be the prayers of the little children, my children included!:):)

6 comments:

Dori Overman

I pray he wins also. I am trying hard not to be fearful but sometimes it creeps in...thanks for the reminder (from the mouth of babes) to PRAY!

Sharleen

How cute!! A child's faith is usually so much bigger than our own..the more prayer, the better!! :) :)

Wendy

Hmmmm...maybe you have a little guy who will follow in the footsteps of Papa and Uncle! This is precious...I shared this post with Benjamin and he got a good chuckle and is now quoting Brittan!

Rochenda Crane

Oh my word! That is so cute! That's one smart little boy you have there!

I love how your kids have picked up the value of prayer! Keep up the good work...you know what they say..."Values are not taught but caught."

amy

This is darling and what a great example you have set for them. It is too easy to be fearful of the future and get so caught up in what could happen that we "forget" to pray.

Before I had the boys, I would have thought that interests in a child had more to do with the environment they were raised as opposed to their genetic material. But I am finding out that my boys are interested in things that they have not been exposed to. Zachary is crazy about fishing and David doesn't some from an outdoorsy family...but I do...but we haven't lived close to my family since he was 6 months old! Zachary could name every make and model of cars when he was three --a total obsession with cars--he had to "get" this from his g-pa who lives hundreds of miles away. It just amazes me.

It makes me think of that song by Steve and Annie Chapman that says, "you don't know who's sitting in that high-chair!" :-)

Mary Ellen

Politics definitely runs in the family, that is so adorable!

My daughter, in 2nd grade, informed me the other day that almost every day at lunch the kids are talking about who is running for President, etc. These are SEVEN year olds! I thought that was pretty funny. Then she informed me that SHE would be voting for John McCain and I had to tell her that she couldn't vote until she was 18, needless to say there was some dissapointment in that revelation. "-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...