I think you'll find that most all of us have ordinary days, everyday. Once in a while, something arises that is spectacular, possibly the only things really worth posting about (or that you would care to read about), but in reality we all just live life. There is nothing to notable about most lives, and I would put myself in that category, but still, I am thankful for my life and the ordinary days. I am not a person that lives for the spectacular moments, for if I did I would miss out on the most precious moments of my life, ones that I should call 'gifts that God has meant for me.' These moments come and go each day and would possibly go unnoticed by the average person, and yet, they are what define me as a person, a mother, a wife, a friend, a daughter, and a child of God. It's the little things like, breakfast with Brooklyn, chasing around Brittan, playing with toys on the floor, lunch with a friend, cleaning my house, mowing the yard to help out my husband, family dinnertime, talking on the phone to my Mom, a sister, or a friend, the kids bathtime, family and/or personal devotions, baking cookies, making dinner, or chatting with Brook after the kids go to bed . None of these seem extraordinary I know, but you aren't here, and I can't possibly capture the details in which these everyday "tasks" are made special. It is the gift of a smile, the laughter of my children, a new word said by Brittan, a funny saying from Brooklyn, an I love you, a thank you from a hurting friend, something done to make me laugh a hundred different times a day for a hundred different reasons (Note: I LOVE to laugh!), a hug or a kiss, or the satisfaction of knowing that I made someone's day!I fully realize that none of the above mentioned are out of the park amazing, but for me they are. They make the ordinary everyday, special. I love life and don't find it boring to have it be ordinary, for it is in the ordinary moments of life that something extraordinary happens! These are the times in which I realize, I have purpose. So, please, those of you who never post because you don't think that your life is interesting enough, it is. We all want to know what happens in your ordinary life that makes it extraordinary. So today I say, have an extraordinary, ordinary day!





8 comments:
Well-written, well-said. I, too, love life - the magic of ordinary days!
Wednesday October 10, 2007 - 09:16pm (MDT)
Val, I love what you had to say. It reminded me of one of my favorite quotes...
"Being there for the big moments is really quite accidental. It happens because you've been there for the everyday, mundane moments. Big moments take us be surprise. Rarely are they planned for; rarely can we predict them. They just happen."
Thank God for the wonderful ordinary days!
Wednesday October 10, 2007 - 10:28pm (MDT)
You, my friend put it so eloquently- I wish I could hug you! Life is so good and it's so easy to get caught up in the busyness of the day...thank you for the little reminder.
Wednesday October 10, 2007 - 08:40pm (AKDT)
Val,
Oh, I would love to have your writting ablility! You said it so well! Every day is so full of speical, precious moments - I want to grasp every one I can! Love ya!
Wednesday October 10, 2007 - 11:04pm (MDT)
Great job, Val! Wonderful reminder! Have a good weekend!
Thursday October 11, 2007 - 12:33pm (MDT)
You posted my thoughts almost every day. I have a hard time blogging about the ordinary...thinking people might not be interested but I look back over the last (very ordinary) month and realize that I should have written it down...if only for myself. Thanks for the reminder. PS. your kids are SO cute!
Thursday October 11, 2007 - 11:35am (PDT)
That was an awesome post. Thanks for sharing your heart.
have a wonderful week.
love ya!
Sunday October 14, 2007 - 10:23pm (EDT)
So true! It is the everyday, little moments that make life so special. I enjoyed reading you post. Thanks! That's a great picture of you and your kids!
Monday October 15, 2007 - 09:09pm (EDT)
Post a Comment