
Yesterday was the birthday of my very dear husband and I wanted to take this opportunity to wish him a very Happy Birthday! To those of you who don't know him, I married the greatest guy ever. He is very laid back, almost shy, but once you get to know him he will talk your leg off. Everyone who knows him will tell you that he was blessed with one of the greatest minds, that God didn't just pass out those brains to just everyone. He can do anything and it is done to absolute perfection!!! There is no bluff when it comes to Brook, if he knows, he really knows. There is not hardly one thing that he can't figure out and do. From desiging top to bottom and building from top to bottom his fathers tow trucks, to installing sprinklers, to building a house, to major excavation, to electrical installation, plumbing, to anything electronic, anything mechanical, mathematics, science, flying, computers, and the list goes on. His mind is NEVER at rest. He is ALWAYS thinking and planning. If he gets that far away look I will ask what he is thinking and his reply will invariably be, "Oh, I was just re-designing that in my mind, trying to make it better." There are to many things that he has thought of, never pattened, and 2-3 years later they will be out on the market. I tease him and say often that if he would get that on paper and pattened, we'd be able to have a house in every country! Truly the only things that he can't do is cook without making a MAJOR mess and play basketball. He is a great reader of persons, with in five minutes of meeting a person he will have them all figured out and see right through them if they posess no substance. But the greatest thing of all is that he is kind! If I had to describle him in one word it would have to be kind!!! There is no other word that fits him better than that one small little four lettered word. Brook is a 'mans man,' but there is nothing about him that is rough and tough. You would never know that he used to be one avid hunter and sportsmen. Now, he can't bring himself to shoot anything, not because he is weak, but rather because he is to kind. He no longer sees the fun of hunting down something in order to shoot it, he'd rather it would be free. He would rather set a spider, that has unknowingly found its way into the house, back outside than to kill it. I laugh, and try to tell him that the spider has no feelings, but he always responds with, "he didn't do anything to hurt anyone and he's not ready for his life to be over." Kindness, that is all I can say. My husband is the one who will, if no wife and kids are with him, stop alongside the road and offer someone a ride to the next town, is someone who always puts money into the Salvation kettle even though he gave when he went into the store, someone who will drive for 5 hours all night because his wife or kids want to see their Nana & Poppy and turn around the next day and drive home, get up in the middle of the night to go and sleep with Brooklyn in her twin bed because she is scared, if he knows that my mom, or anyone for that matter, is having trouble with anything at her house he will use his time off to fix it, he will spend countless hours at the mall shopping with me because he knows that I love to shop and doesn't want me to have to be alone, he will mix up & bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies at 11:30 at night because one of the kids said that they would like a cookie, he always fills my car with gas, will even stop whatever he is doing to meet me at the gas station if he knows that I am going there so that I don't have to pump it myself...I could keep on going, but you get the general idea. To top it off he is the greatest Dad in the world to our children and they both think that there is no one like Daddy. Although discipling does not come easy for him, he is learning that that is part of parenting as well and is endevoring to show the kids that he can be serious when he needs to be. It is not hard for me to love him as you can see, but love him I do! He was custom made for me and I am so glad that he is mine. If you haven't had the chance to meet him, he bares aquaintance and I am sure he will easily work his way into your heart just as he did mine!! Happy Birthday, Sweetie - I love you!





3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Brook!!!
Monday December 3, 2007 - 12:28am (CST)
Hey Valerie oh so how true about Brook...I'm sorry I missed the party....I had some issues on the river...I wish Brook could have been there to help. I will take you 4 to dinner this week anywhere you want to go this week..Chad
Monday December 3, 2007 - 03:36pm (PST)
Happy birthdy, Brook! And yes Valerie, he is absolutely AMAZING!!! There is NO one like him! I feel so BLESSSED to have him as my brother! And I am SO grateful for everything that he has done or still does for me! I LOVE him dearly! He holds a special place in my life & heart that NO one can take! ;) Miss you and LOVE you ALL!!!
Saturday December 8, 2007 - 02:10pm (EST)
Post a Comment