CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas at Bethlehem Gulch

Well they did it! Cornerstone put on a darling program last evening and I have to say, I was very proud. They took a regular program that would be written for church and tweaked it here and there, adapting it to fit our school's needs. In "Christmas At Bethlehem Gulch," the 6th, 7th and 8th graders did most of the acting and then each class, K-6th, were given one of the songs and the teacher was responsible for their choreography, costumes, etc. So in essence, each class got their 3 minutes of stage time, but were back in for the opening and the grand finale. I liked this setup. It only lasted a little over an hour, each class was involved, there wasn't 10 different themes going on, everyone got a part, they all worked together as a team, and in this case, you wanted to see what each class had done with their song.

They started the program with the older kids playing the hand bells, which I love, while people were coming in and trying to find a seat. Next, a ballet team of all ages performed and then the whole school came in and sang the "Welcome" song and we were off and rolling. The Kindergarten class sang, "Gentle Shepherd/Savior Like a Shepherd Lead Us." It was precious! Brooklyn sang a verse with a little trio and then closed the song with her own solo. I was so shocked that she did it and even more shocked when her teacher told me that Brooklyn had come to her and told her that she would be more than happy to sing a solo. Where has my shy little girl gone??

We were blessed to have Brook's parents, his brother Chad and girlfriend Rhonda, and Brook's business partner, Verl come and share in the evening. I was going to try to get a photo of all of us together, but by the time you say hello to everyone, they had all slipped out.Thank you to all of you who came, it meant the world to Brooklyn and to her parents! This evening was a wonderful start to the Christmas season.



.

2 comments:

Anonymous

What a great school for Brooklyn! Her dress is so cute. I also LOVE the pictures of the kids in the snow, especially the snowman! It has been years since I've seen snow! It is 85 degrees here and everybody was fanning themselves in church today. Merry Christmas!

Sunday December 16, 2007 - 12:40pm (EST)

Anonymous

Wish we could have been there....!

Tuesday December 18, 2007 - 10:48am (MST)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...