Doing what we do best together, talking!
Today, my sister LaRona turns 36 and to her I say, Happy Birthday! I often wonder what my life would be like had I not had an older sister and I have come to the realization that I am at total peace with being the younger one. For without her my childhood would have seemed boring. It was her who's imagination ran wild with all kinds of make believe ideas for us to play. Her, who thought of spending countless hours choosing and then cutting out 'paper dolls' from the JC Penny's catalog when we already had store bought ones to play with. Her, who helped me be able to see the value of a book. Her, who would share her Barbie dolls because it was more fun to play together. Her, who would give me a 'pump' on her bike because I wasn't old enough to have one. Or her, who had the ability to 'trick' Dad into driving down the Blvd. in order that we could get ice cream. But now that we have grown I have realized that I have an ever kind, protective, imaginative, caring, sensative, and extremely loyal, sister who loves me and is one of my dearest friends! She is the first to call me with the latest news, the first to come to the defense of any family member, the first to make sure that the family takes a vacation together at least every other year, the first to see to it that everyone's birthday is remembered and that at Christmas we all spend the same amount!!:):), and as the firstborn, her family is the most important thing to her in the world and we all know it!!! I love you, LaRona and I wouldn't trade being your little sister for anything. Hope your day is wonderful!





4 comments:
I too have to say that I am proud to call LaRona my eldest sister!! Love you LaRona & Happy Birthday!!!
And I couldn't ask for a sweeter Sister-in-law. I'm so glad you all share her with me!
Okay, so I finally braved your blog today to read the post (since I knew you wrote about me, I felt kinda weird reading about myself), but stupid me - I read it at school where it is difficult to explain the tears that your post brought to my eyes. Thank you not only for the memories, but also for the sentiment. Love you!
WOW! Excellent post! I couldn't even attempt to say it better! I am sitting here crying & thanking God for my sisters! You all are so dear to me! I am so blessed! I love each & every one of you!
Post a Comment