CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Having Family Here...Great Memories

As I stated in an earlier post, while my Mom and sisters were here we tried to pack in everything. They don't get up here nearly as often as they should, but when they do we certianly enjoy it. We did everything from shopping (they actually do have some favorite places here in our small town) to pedicures, even Brittan.:) He LOVES to paint with fingernail polish and my mom, being the great Nana that she is, offered to let him paint her nails and toes. This kept him entertained for quite a spell and then it was Chera that got the job of later removing ALL of the many layers of paint from her toes and fingers.:)

The last night they were here my mom gave each one of us girls, Mindy, Chera, and I, something that we have wanted for years. We each one have coveted my mom's Nativity set for years, but they are no longer available for purchase. Unbeknownst to my sisters, Brook and I have searched E-bay for months to try to purchase each of us one exactly like it. It is very rare, but so beautiful, and it is to us what the Nativity should look like. I told my mom what we were doing and she said that if I could find 3 of them she would like to purchase them and give one to each one of us. Now before you go wondering why my other sister LaRona and my sister-in-law Rochenda were excluded, they have already purchased ones that they liked and use every year and thus the reason why I didn't look for one for them. My sisters were so surprised and even more excited. Chera's is the exact model of my mom's and Mindy and I have one that is a year newer, but we were still happy with it. They look just the same, but are hand-painted just a little differently. Anyway, I would have to say that receiving that from my mom was the highlight of the weekend for us all. Thank you, Mom! I will cherish it forever and now every Christmas when I set out my Nativity I will enjoy re-living the memories from my childhood when you would set up your's and we children would all quote Luke 2 with you. Something that I intend to do with my children as well. Thank for again for coming up and spending the weekend here. As always we love to have you and hope that there aren't too many months in between your next visit. I love you! PS - please ignore the images that appear from time to time from our re-model project.:):)Yes, we are still in the midst of it all. I am thinking perhaps I will ask Santa for re-model completion for Christmas


Thanks to the 'influence of some' my children now LOVE Starbucks!!


Good Buds!


Listening to the ipod


Reading to Nana


A 'Spa Treatment' from Brittan!


Waiting while mom was explaining 'the gift'


So happy!

1 comments:

Chera Crane

that was such a fun weekend, but i have to agree that my favorite part was receiving that special gift from mother!!!
great memories!!!

love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...