CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday To My Dear Friend Shauna




Today I want to shout out with this blog post a very "Happy Birthday" to my dear friend, Shauna

Although we have known each other our entire lives, it has been in the last 6-7 years that we have become such close, dear friends. Being related, we often ran in the same circles, but having a little age gap in between us, in the early years of our lives we were both in different stages. I always looked up to her, thinking that she was so beautiful, someone who I wanted to imitate and be like. And it didn't hurt that she had one very cute, boy named, Brook, hanging out with her either, thus how I got to know Brook way back then. (Thank you, Shauna!! He still counts you as one of his nearest and dearest) And we grew up...

In the past several years I have grown to love Shauna more deeply. It is in those years that I have discovered her true beauty. Her mother raised her well and she should be so proud! She is incredibly kind. Always thoughtful. Very talented (although you would never know it, she hides it!!). An amazing wife and homemaker. A wonderful cook. She loves to laugh, to have fun, to shop, to do anything outdoors that involves her family and friends, she is a dare-devil, and truly the greatest role model of mothering(besides my own mother)that I know. I love watching her with her children. Each one of them is totally and uniquely their own. She has 4, and yet, she has the most amazing ability to be, totally and completely, connected with them. She knows how to discipline them, how to love them, how to make them know individually how truly special that they are, and all the while keeping them all connected, but individualized. She has TIME for her children. She puts them first and foremost before any of her own personal wants and it shows. So many mother's are trying their best to be the "Text Book" mom, but not Shauna. She is who she is, not trying to be this amazing, award winning, attention getting, person who is doing it all for show. No, she is just being who she truly is, the one God created her to be, and she is blessing so many lives by her quiet, kind ways. The perfect role model.

She is known for her kind ways. There is never an unkind word that comes out of her mouth about anyone. She hates conflict, will almost run from it, but has the ability to keep on loving those around her that have hurt her or have unsuccessfully tried to draw her into some form of it. She is steady. Because you change, she doesn't have to. She is comfortable in her own skin, knows who she is, and I love her for it. There is nothing that you can put a finger on in her life that does not exemplify the love that she has for Christ and the way that He is working in her life.

Shauna, I love you! Thank you for the friendship that we share. I trust that this is a very special day for you. All the memories we share are forever in my heart and I look forward in anticipation to all the many more to come. You are a blessing to me, a friend that I daily thank God for. He blessed my life tremendously by placing you in it and for that I will truly be forever grateful! Happy Birthday my dear friend. Looking forward to "our day" in a few!! Much Love, Valerie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...