Growing up I loved picnics, and I still do. I have many fond memories of packing a lunch with lots of goodies, loading up the car, and heading to a nearby park or even better still, the mountians. When the kids woke up this morning we decided that today would be a perfect day for a picnic. With it being so hot, staying here in town was not an option so, we decided to make the short 30 minute drive up to Winchester to spend our day. The kids helped me load the picnic basket and everything else that is essential to having a fun-filled day and off we went. It couldn't have been more perfect. The weather was so beautiful and we stayed for several hours playing in the park, taking walks, floating boats, and just being together. We can't wait for the next time, only Daddy will have to go with us!!

We're here...

and Brittan is so happy.

Playing on the playground equipment...




My two hungry munchkins.:)

Enjoing every bite!

My reading material for the afternoon.

Brittan found his "boat"

Getting their boats in the water.

What a sweet view!

So fun to watch together.

Brittan was trying desperately to read the signs...

But actually it was Brooklyn who did the reading for us.

Brooklyn explaining to Brittan something about the water.


Good-bye for today, Winchester Lake
4 comments:
Beautiful pictures of your children and scenery. Looks like a really fun day! So did you get any reading in?
What a beautiful place - and you got some adorable shots! I enjoyed your last few posts - I somehow got behind.
Noticed that the sandwiches were cut into triangles =)
What beautiful pictures! In all 7 years we lived in Lewiston, we never went to Winchester Lake! It looks like we missed out on a beautiful place! I love the picture of the books too...I have stacks of books lying around waiting to be read but with 4 kids it doesn't happen often enough!
Post a Comment