CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Seward Reunion

My parents instilled into their children the importance of family. To this day, there is nothing more important to me than my own immediate family. They are my best friends, my greatest supporters, my strength in times of weakness, my advisors, my heros, my spiritual mentors, the ones that I would rather be with than anyone else in the world. And I know that the saying goes, "you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family," well, in my case I feel pretty fortunate! I couldn't have choosen any better than what God gave me. I love my parents and each one of my brothers and sisters dearly!

A couple of weeks ago we attended a family reunion on my Mom's side of the family at the home of her cousin, Shirley. I was so excited that we were able to be there because family is so important to me and I want my children to grow up knowing their heritage. We had a wonderful time with all that were able to attend and Shirley was an amazing hostess. Thank you, Shirley for putting this together and I am so happy that we went ahead and had it even though there were several that were unable to attend. It was a fun group that you had there and I look forward to doing it again. Here are some pictures from our afternoon together...



Mindy & Me


Ray Dean & My Dad


Some of the kids playing in the beautiful fountian.


Brandon, Shauna, Brook, & Jaron working on the Family Tree.


The Family Tree


Several of the men chatting...


And from another angle.


Sally, Janelle, Chera, My Mom, Ruth


Brooklyn & Kendra met some "new" cousins, too.


Kimberly, can't remember her daughter's name (sorry), Mindy, & Me


Brooklyn & Rochenda enjoying some lemonade.


Grandpa & Uncle Dean


Zachary, Rachelle, Shauna, & Me posing by the Family Tree.


Some of the second cousins getting reaquainted


Beth, Rachelle, & Zach enjoying the shade.


Shirley had everyone sing Happy Birthday to Brooklyn & had her a little "cake" made out of a banana. Very Cute!


First Cousins!


First Cousins along with their spouses.


Second Cousins!


Second Cousins along with their spouses.(the ones that were able to be there)


Third Cousins!

3 comments:

Chera Crane

LOVE this post!!! It was such a FUN event...can't wait til the next time to be together!!!:)

Marty

You looked like one happy family!! Makes me want to come to Idaho and meet everyone! Maybe someday.....

Anonymous

I missed being there:( but thanks for the post I enjoyed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...