Family... perhaps one of the greatest words ever created and definitely the most precious earthly gifts ever given to mankind. Family (parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, or uncles) is something that we all have, but most likely take for granted. For most, they are always there, always have been and when we need them, we want them, but other than that... Not so here! Family is very near and dear to my heart. I don't have the privilege of having family live near me, and although 5 hours sounds close for some of you, it might as well be halfway across the country because I can't be at their house in 5 minutes for a cup of coffee, go out to lunch with the girls when they all go, they can't hurry over to see the new thing that Brittan is doing, or run to Brooklyn's school to watch her sing or say her scripture, so in reality, they aren't here. I miss them and so when any family comes our way, it is extremely special! They are to me, the greatest, most wonderful, people on earth and this week we were blessed enough to have 3 of my family come to stay with us for a few days.
On Monday, my Mom, Mindy, & Chera came for a short stay and the only thing wrong with it was that they didn't stay long enough. The excitement level around our house was above and beyond the highest level, for there is no one like Nana to my children. She has the unique ability to make both of my children feel equally special and for that, I love her even more!! From the moment they pulled into our driveway until the moment they pulled out to leave, our place was like a zoo and we all loved it! The kids were so happy to have someone other than Mom or Dad play with them and play they did.(I wish that Mindy & Chera would have let me take their pictures all dressed, playing with the kids, too funny, but so very fun for the kids!) We weren't quite able to keep the usually strict bedtime of 8:00, but they did fine and can rest up this weekend. But into those few days we crammed everything that was humanly possible. We shopped, went to the park, went on Brooklyn's field trip, played games, watched movies, played with every toy that the kids own, baked, cooked, chatted, laughed, but most importantly, we were together and my children needed it! It was a tearful goodbye, but with a promise that they would return soon. We trust this is so! Thank you Mom, Mindy, & Chera for coming and making our week so special! We love you!!







2 comments:
Val- I have to tell you, I love this whole Yahoo thing! Although I haven't seen my ole college buddy in many moons, I feel like I know you. And of course miss you :-) I love the pix of the kiddos w/ your family, looks like lots of fun and Brittan and Brooklyn couldn't be any cuter! Hope you have a great weekend my friend...
Friday October 19, 2007 - 10:14am (AKDT)
Wow! What a great post! Thank you for letting us come up and be a part of your world! I thoroughly enjoyed myself & if Matt wouldn't have been waiting for me at home, I would have stayed & stayed! It was SO MUCH FUN!! I always have a BLAST up there! I LOVED every minute of it! Thank you, too, for your special friendship! All of you are SO SPECIAL to me (and matt)! Miss U greatly & LOVE YOU dearly!!!
Saturday October 20, 2007 - 05:11pm (EDT)
Post a Comment