CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 29, 2007

A Visit From the Tooth Fairy

Brooklyn has lost her first tooth! Part of me is happy, for it is fun for little kids to loose their first tooth, but the other part of me feels as if life is going by way too swiftly, it seems only yesterday that that very tooth was coming in. Yes, I am indeed, a sentimental person, but that is not all bad. I love every moment of life and hate to see them pass by so fast! After dinner this evening I asked Brooklyn to show me how her loose tooth was coming along. It had been loose for days, but she was so hesitant to have anyone do anything to it, afraid that it might hurt. I convinced her that I would only wiggle it a little bit, but POP, out it came! She was elated and then started to cry because she saw blood. She thought that since there was blood it should be hurting. After realizing that there was no pain going along with this ordeal, it suddenly became very fun and oh, so funny! Brittan was most concerned at first, wondering why "OO-OO" was crying and why there was blood. Upon the laughter, he began to think it was the neatest thing and thought that, "baby toof ah-out." Please, one at a time!! It was fun to watch and listen to the interaction going on between the two of them, her trying to explain what had happened and why his tooth wouldn't come out, and him wondering where her tooth had gone.

Call me crazy, but I was raised that there was a Tooth Fairy that came whenever you lost a tooth. I remember writing her notes, sticking them under my pillow at night, waking up the next morning to find them replaced with a note from the Tooth Fairy along with some money. It was great fun and made for some wonderful childhood memories! I choose to do the same with my children. I love the innocence of Brooklyn beliving that there is a little Fairy that comes, sprinkles dust on you and takes your teeth up to the tooth shop in Heaven so that they can use them for someone else, in this case she thinks that "Rena is getting my teeth because she still needs some." We spent the remainder of the evening writing a letter to the Tooth Fairy and drawing her a picture. Anyone that knows Brooklyn, knows that no note is complete without some sort of a drawing. I am positive that the Tooth Fairy is going to LOVE the picture and note from her and will keep it in a safe place for years to come. And so the Tooth Fairy tales begin...



.

3 comments:

Anonymous

Awwwww! We do the tooth fairy thing too but I think Dana is starting to catch on LOL.Those first few experiences with your child losing their teeth are bittersweet. Thanks for sharing.

Tuesday October 30, 2007 - 09:13am (MDT)

Anonymous

Too Cute!!! I am so sentimental too and I just think Brooklyn's note to the tooth fairy is priceless! I can't wait to see Brooklyn and hear her tell all about the tooth fairy!

Tuesday October 30, 2007 - 10:21am (MDT)

Anonymous

Brooklyn,
It is taking the Tooth Fairy a loooong time to get your tooth over here to Rena. She still needs two in the front of her mouth. She will take good care of your tooth once it gets here.
Did you write the letter to the Tooth Fairy all by yourself? That's VERY good printing!

Tuesday October 30, 2007 - 03:43pm (MDT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...