
I interrupt my numerous Christmas blog entries to share a little blessing I received from Brooklyn in the car today. As we were driving home from school, we came across a little fender bender in the road. Brooklyn and Brittan were busy playing some form of school and were in their own little world. I mentioned to them to look out the window at the police car that had his light on, not thinking that they would really even take note of the smashed vehicle. They looked and Brooklyn said, "hurry up Brittan close your eyes, I have to pray for them." "Dear Jesus, Thank you for this beautiful day, but could you please hurry and run to my Dad really fast and tell him that these people hurt their car and they need him to help them. Help us to be very important, help us not to be poor (I nearly busted out in laughter with this one, definitely from a movie she saw recently!) and please fix their window of their car, it is broken and they are going to be cold. In Jesus name I pray Amen." I am sure that all the cars around me were wondering why I had a huge smile on my face , and really I could care less because I am sure that God had one on His face as well. Although the words may not have all been right, and in fact caused me to chuckle, the sweet innocence of how and why she prayed made me so happy and proud. She had faith, believing, and it made my day!





3 comments:
Very special..you will treasure those little prayers forever.
have a good week!
Monday January 7, 2008 - 06:17pm (EST)
That is so cute!!! I'm sure that made God smile...maybe even laugh! Brooklyn is a very kind child.
Monday January 7, 2008 - 06:52pm (MST)
That is sooo sweet!
I had to laugh, at first when I read about the "finder binder" I am thinking you were talking about seeing a notebook in the road and was confused for a moment..then when I realized you meant a "fender bender" I was able to follow the story. I make typos all the time so it makes me feel better when I read others that do too. "-)
Tuesday January 8, 2008 - 11:43am (EST)
Post a Comment