CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Moments From Brooklyn's Party...

I somehow find myself without words when I stop to think that my firstborn has turned 6. I have thought over and over where has the time gone, how did my darling, dimpled, chubby-cheeked, little baby girl grow up so quickly, how can I stop time? I find great joy in being "Mommy" to Brooklyn, but do so desire for time to stand still and to let me savor for another moment the gift of her being a newborn, an infant, a toddler, my baby girl. And as I sit here with tears falling down my face, wishing for the gift of going backwards in time, I am faced with the reality that had time indeed stopped, I would be robbed of all the wonderful memories that I have of my precious daughter and would also be robbing others of the joy that she has brought into their lives. So as I tuck her into bed tonight, I will hold on a little tighter, give her a few more kisses, listen more intently, and do my best to savor even more, each and every moment that we have together. I'll close by quoting the words to one of my favorite songs...

"We have this moment to hold in our hands
And to touch as it slips through our fingers like sand
Yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come
But we have this moment, today.

Hold tight to the sound of the music of living
Happy sounds from the laughter of children at play
Hold my hand as we walk through the sweet fragrant meadows
Making memories of what was today.

Tiny voice that I hear is my little girl calling
For daddy to hear just what she has to say
My little boy running there by the hillside
May never be quite like today.

Tender words gentle touch and a good cup of coffee
And someone who loves me and wants me to stay
Hold them dear while they’re near don’t wait for tomorrow
To look back and wish for today.

Yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come
but we have this moment, today."

Hope that you enjoy a few snapshot moments from her day...


Waiting for the party to begin.


My whole family was there for the party.


Enjoying the rides.


Brooklyn & Rochenda playing air hockey.


Nana & all her grandkids.


I guess when you are small you get "more" for your token...


The Birthday girl and her cake.


Time for presents...


Brittan & Rena enjoyed the bike!!


Who knew that this horse would be such a hit??:)


Brooklyn & her many presents - thank you everyone!!!


Our family with Chuck E. Cheese.:)

3 comments:

Anonymous

Looks like a great party!! Happy Belated, Brooklyn!!!!

Wendy

Ugh...I think we are both feeling this heart-tug as our children grow. My mom always said that while it is hard how fast time goes, every milestone is a reminder that God is growing them. Thank you for your prayer for me today.

Brooklyn,
I'm so glad you got to celebrate your birthday with all of your family. I love your new smile! It's so exciting to lose teeth! Teacher loves you!

LaRona

I, too, relate to the words of that song - well said! So glad you chose to spend her birthday w/all of us =)
BTW,we have a real horse she is welcome to claim & we'll even haul it up there..........
Somehow, I think Brooklyn will never know what I just offered. Sigh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...