CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!




Today I want to honor my very own Mother, who without a doubt is at the top of the "Best Mother's In the World" list! So many times we wait until someone is gone to let everyone know how wonderful they were and that is nice, but how much more wonderful to let that person and everyone else around them know while they have their whole life left in front of them!

I grew up with a Mother that truly loved her children, they were first and foremost in her life, next to her relationship with Christ. It was very common to wake up and find my mom on her knees, Bible by her side, praying for her little family or whatever else she might have on her mind and heart. My mother is always kind and thougthful. She always had/has time for her children. Her words were soft, yet wise. She never yelled or be-rated us, disciplined when necessary, did everything within her own power to make sure that we knew we were loved, cared for, prayed for, special, and instilled within us values that I still hold dear today. She taught me the value of hard work, the value of a good name, the value of kind words, the value of family, the value of Godly character, the value of a deep and meaningful relationship with Christ, the value of total purity, the value of a true friend, the value of being real, the value of honesty, the value of your word, the value of others, the value of good choices, the value of time well spent, the value of showing others you care, the value of good principles, the value of a budget, the value of being a good homemaker, and that time spent with your children is like having money in the bank. My mom cared, truly cared, and still does!

She has not only devoted her life to her children, but to others children as well. She gave of her time, devotion, and energy each and every Sunday to lead the children at church in children's worship. And she was good!!! But more importantly the children KNEW that Aunt Cheryl LOVED them!!! Children's Worship wasn't something mundane and boring, it was fun and exciting and the kids were sad to see her take a break! I think that she still has several years left to give in that department, but do understand wanting a break for now. But hurry back mom, the kids miss you!

At the young age of 33, my mom lost her own dear mother to cancer. It was perhaps the most devestating event in her life, but she lived on. She kept a smile on her face and a spring in her step. She didn't hole up, hide away from her friends and family, and cease to live, no, she forged ahead, placing her own hurt aside and living for her husband and children, those who needed her most. I am just a couple months shy of being the exact age my mother was when she lost her mom and I can't even begin to imagine how lost and alone I would feel without her. Who would I turn to for guidance, for complete acceptance, for unconditional love, for un-wavering friendship, to pray for and with me? My Mom no longer had that, but bitterness was never a factor for her. She continued on and my Grandma would be so proud!!! She became who my Grandma raised her to be, what God planned & desired for her to be, and who I am so blessed to call my Mom, my dearest and best friend!

I love you, Mom! Words cannot begin to express the love that I hold for you in my heart. I am endeavoring to follow in your footsteps, to make you proud of me, to be what God would have me to be, and to be what you raised me to me. Thank you for all the love, support, guideance, prayers, time, energy, and friendship, etc. you have given to me. Happy Mother's Day to you. For now and always, I am in-debted to you!
I love you dearly!

4 comments:

Mindy

Beautiful entry! I feel the EXACT same way!!! Thank you for putting it into words!! I love you!

Lenita

Beautiful tribute to your beautiful mom. Treasure every day you have w/her...I lost my mom to cancer at 34..and you miss them everyday!!
I don't know your mom real well..but I can see what a great mom she was b/c she has amazing children!! :)
I love your family.
I enjoyed coffee out w/Chera when she was here. Brittany and Travis also went out w/her.
Hard to believe just a few months ago we were talking about our girls first day of kindergarten and now they will soon both be graduating.
Have a wonderful week.
love you Val!

Chera Crane

WOW!!! That's my mom that you're talking about & you put everything that I would've wanted to say to her in Beautiful, yet truthful words!!!
LOVE YOU MOM!

Karen Carroll

Everything you wrote about your mother is portrayed in her example and love shown to everyone around her!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...