We arrived later than I had planned at my parents house. I scurried off to wash my hands again, afraid that the wet wipes I had used in the car had not removed all the 'kitty germs', while Brook set about to finding this little creature a box and some food. He headed to Wal-Mart and I headed to the bathroom with my two little darlings. He arrived home with 'several' kitty items, and I prepared the children for the wedding. He is such a softy and I am definitely glad that both my children take after him in the animal department!! I'm sure I would have driven on by.
It is now nearly a week later, "Scuffy"(had a little scuff on it's head when we found it, so Poppy thought that it should be named this)who is now called "Tinker Bell" has been quite an experience for our family. After a visit to the Vet, sure to not be the last, we have discovered the following: she is most likely going to cost us several dollars in the end, she is only 4 weeks old, too young to be away from her mom, has to be fed with a syringe, can't be handled very much(who likes to just sit and look at a kitten, especially when you are 5 years old!), she cries in the night & Brook has to get up to feed her, she is borderline sick because of her age & separation from her mommy(the Vet says that these type of animals make the best memories and pets for little children because they grow dependent on you, I think he is crazy!), and lastly, we are STUCK with it!!!! Is it any wonder that I don't care for animals?
Now as to the other part of my story, Brooklyn battled all weekend with a loose front tooth and finally Saturday, Mommy was successful in getting it to fall out. Brooklyn was thrilled and I might add, looks adorable with only one front tooth. This shall only last a short spell, the other one is loose too. And yes, the Tooth Fairy did find us in Nampa, so yet another sigh of satisfaction came from my little toothless wonder.:):)She LOVES her Tooth Fairy!

One happy little girl & one scared kitten!

Brooklyn taking the kitten for a ride, before we knew it wasn't supposed to be held.

Mommy attempting to pull the tooth...

And it's out!





3 comments:
I love your "kitten adventure"! Maybe this is God's plan to have this kitten. Our cat showed up at our house two years ago, and I was not crazy about it. But now, she is the best thing for our family, so loveable, well-behaved and cuddly. It was your big heart that reached out for that little kitten. It will give Brooklyn a small taste of what "Mommy-hood" is like. :)
How you have time to blog is beyond me, when I have kept you at kindergarten all week!
I will miss that one-toothed little girl this summer! Thank you for all your help.
and you thought we had the farm!
Post a Comment