CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Our Memorial Day

I love Memorial Day, it always seems to be the kick-off to summer bar-b-ques. Our friends from church and school, the Johnson's, invited us to come over to the Edge (the student center at our church here)to play sand volley ball with a few couples. At first I was a little hesitant because it has been years since I have played, but I decided not to let my pride get the best of me and away we went. There were four couples total(Thomas', Johnson's, Carr's, and us) so we played 4 on 4. Now I gotta tell you the truth, I am so bruised up this evening and my right hand is quite swollen and purple, but it was so worth it. We had blast and the weather couldn't have been more perfect for being outside. After playing for a couple of hours we headed over to the Youth Pastor's house for a wonderful bar-b-que and visiting. It was a fun day and this evening we are all exhausted. On the way home Brooklyn said, " Mommy, thank you for taking us to play with our friends in the sand. Can we go back another day?" I think that it was a hit.:) (I apologize that I didn't get more pictures, I was too pre-occupied!)



I brought along sand toys for the kids to play with, it was a huge hit!!


Ashley, Brooklyn, & Brittan cooling off with a popcicle from Pastor Steve.


Ready to eat.

3 comments:

Wendy

Enough of the volleyball...I would've been playing in the sand with the kids! Aren't Ashley and Amber the sweetest? Emily and Gabby call them 'The Girls Johnson'
I'm glad you've still got it!

Cindy Baldwin Roberts

Val,
Your description of Memorial Day made me think of holidays spent with your family and all the fun we had! You are making fun memories for your kids! I had the good fortune of sitting by your mom, brother and sister at NCS graduation yesterday. Enjoy the summer!
Cindy

Anonymous

Looks like good times. I love volleyball but hate the bruises I usually end up with =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...