CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Out Of The Mouth Of Brittan!




The following conversations have taken place in the past couple of week with Brittan and they were just to good not to share...

I have been working very hard with Brittan on the whole potty training procedure and in truth, he is doing quite well. It works best for him if I just remember to take him potty every 30 minutes or so, but if that doesn't happen he is the first to let me know that he is "sorry that his tummy went potty" and that it was not him! So in order to try to convince him that it is best to go potty in the potty chair we have digressed to bribery, ie. gum. There is nothing in the world to Brittan quite like gum. He does well with it and will throw it away when he is done instead of the usual swallowing technique, so it works for us.

It was just Brittan and I at home on this particular morning and like everyday he is my little shadow. I went in to go potty and in he came to. I quickly went and he was so thrilled! He said, "good boy mommy, now you have gum!" I laughed and gave him a squeeze and told him that was only for him when he went potty. :)

This past Saturday, I took Brittan in to go potty. As I sat there waiting for him to go I heard an additional little noise. I smiled and asked him if he needed to go 'stinky', with which he quickly and ever so adorably replied, "No, Mommy! My have popcorn in my bun buns." :):):) Where that came from I will never know, but I did have to laugh and wonder what goes on in the mind of a little two year old. At least he saved these conversations for home!!!

4 comments:

LaRona

That's hilarious! I can't wait to share it with Allen when he gets home...definitely a classic to be revisited. Hope you also wrote it in his baby book since one never knows about the permanence of technology.
Oh, and maybe I'll send Rena home with you to get the hang of potty training! =)

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere

That is too cute!! Two-year-olds are so much fun!

Anonymous

Too funny!! =)

Chera Crane

That's too funny...i'll be sharing that with mom today...thanks for the laugh:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...